Energy Veritas 2.2i piano black finish peeling off

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by naturelover, Aug 15, 2013.

1. naturelover

naturelover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I own a pair of Energy Veritas 2.2i speakers. I have noticed that the black gloss finish has come unstuck on one of the speakers.
    How do I stick it on again? Can I use normal glue?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    Not sure whereabouts on the speaker we are looking at - Is it the bottom corner of the speaker? Pretty hard to spot the peel.

I gather that the black gloss is sprayed onto veneer which covers the speaker. If so I would probably use some carpenters glue and by the looks of it, only a tiny amount is needed. I would also use some masking tape to cover the surrounding areas for any over spill.

3. naturelover

naturelover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Don,

Yes, it is the bottom corner. I am attaching another photo. The speaker is lying on its side with the bottom face facing the camera. Hope this pic makes it more clear.

Attached Files:

4. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    It sure does and how wrong was i. And i thought that the yellow was some kind of border when in fact its the mdf of the cabinet. I need to wear my glasses more often.

I can understand a corner or edging peeling but that is peeling off like a shoe box cover. Does it come right off?

Seems like it wasn't glued properly when made. Something that probably wouldn't be pick up during quality testing though i would of thought they'd have a test for that kind of thing.

How old are they?
    If there is any warranty left, definitely take it back. Or if not, you could try contacting the manufacturer and send some pics. Some are kind enough to sort that for free even if no warranty as that is a product defect that really should not happen.

In falling that, carpenter glue stands but you may want to get someone who knows what they are doing for a clean, bubble free finish

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. naturelover

naturelover
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again.

The speakers are fairly old. No, the coating does not come off fully.
    I have now written to Energy. Let's see what they come back with and I'll take it from there.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013