1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy EXL Series vs Mission Cinema 7

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tecity, Dec 21, 2001.

1. tecity

tecity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just came back from a showroom and am impressed with the Energy EXL Series (specifically EXL25, EXLC and EXLR) and the Mission Cinema 7 (consists of 773e, 77C1, 77DS). Would appreciate if anyone can give a view on both and ultimately which is a better choice. Thx a million in advance. Cheers.

2. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Don't know if it makes any difference to you but the Missions are on sale at Richer Sounds for £399, basically half price.:)

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have used the search facility on the forum but the Energy system seems to be a rarity with only one member stating that he had listened to them and found them to be good with movies but not as good for music.

There are many positive posts for the Missions and I use the rears in my mixed bag set up to very good effect.

HTH

Ian

4. tecity

tecity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the comments,

Quite truely, Mission is more established and Energy somehow has not taken off. But during the demo whereby they placed a Mission Cinema 7 (cheapest) with a Energy EXL (mid priced) and a KEF Q.2 Series (most exp), (based on my novice ears), the Energy EXL had more punch during action movies and is more clear for music. I was quite impressed with the Energy EXL and thus came to this web site trying to find a second opinion. Alas, not feedback yet on the systems.

Thx again for the feedback.
    Cheers.
    :D