1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy C7 - Boomy Bass

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bails, May 29, 2004.

1. Bails

Bails

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have Energy C-7 fronts, matched with a Marantz SR-9300 receiver and Marantz DV-8400 player (being used for audio only, fed through a Bel Canto DAC2).

A couple of quick questions. Firstly, do you think the speakers are letting the system down? They are certainly not as expensive as the 50% or so of a system they are 'supposed' to be. They're actually the cheapest component.

Secondly, I'm finding that with bass-heavy music (some dance music etc) that the bass gets too boomy for my taste. I do, of necessity, have the speakers placed fairly close to the corners - they are currently two feet from the rear wall and only one foot from the side wall. The floor is timber but has a large rug on it. However, the walls are made from some sort of concrete (I live in South Korea) and could possibly be bouncing the bass around a bit.

Are the C-7s known to lose the bass a little? Should I get new speakers (I've had my eye on the Elac 207.2)? I'll be moving house in a few weeks, so should I wait and see how the current setup goes in the new place?

Thanks.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Rooms have far more to do with the final sound that you hear that many people realise and if you are moving home in a few weeks it may be a good idea to see how your existing speakers sound in your new home.

I don't know Energy speakers at all but having looked at the website it would seem that they are front ported so should work satisfactorily at two feet away from the walls.