1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enemy at the Gates R2 Problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by kenjolly, Dec 7, 2001.

1. kenjolly

Mar 11, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all,

has any one else had problems with this disk (R2) ?

This is the disk that hi-lighted a problem with my tosh 36" ie the light grey sides and black middle. I've raised this is the Tosh thread but my query regards two of the three documentaries.

The problem seems to be that the sound is broadcast from only the rear speakers. Sounds stupid but I double checked with a mates Dolby pro-logic TV (no amp involved - just scart connection to the TV) and he had the same problem.

I have a Sony 940 amp and B&W speakers. I noticed on the amp that the format being broadcast by the disk is DD 2.0 but this should mean sound from the front speakers only - not the rears. I have played a DD 2.0 disk before (Resevoir Dogs) and that came out fine.

Is is a setup thing or an actual problem - if anyone has this disk can they please check it out and let me know. It's not a big problem as the film plays brilliantly (in DTS) and I doubt if I'll listen to the documentaries again (except maybe the french one as that was really interesting with real WWII footage throughout).

Thanks in advance.