Ending contract with Orange...what to do now?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Sarahgi, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Sarahgi

Sarahgi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming to the end of my 18 month contract with Orange with a Samsung Galaxy S which I really enjoy using for email, facebook, ebay, news etc.

I start maternity leave next month and need to streamline my finances so have informed Orange of my intention to leave them next month (when contract ends).

I would like either a rolling contract on PAYG or a 12 month contract and dont want to spend more than £15 a month. I have an ipad at home so am not entirely sure I need a smartphone but it would be useful if I can have one and keep the costs down.

A friend recommended going on a rolling contract with Orange (though im not impressed with their customer services) or possibly getting a cheaper smartphone with another provider (for example - 3 offer the Samsung Galaxy Europa for £13 per month with a decent amount of mins/texts/internet so have a nosey on the website) and selling my phone.

I cant decide on the best way forward as know very little about mobiles. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,538
    Welcome to the forum. It depends on your individual needs sim/text/data wise really as to which rolling 30-day sim is for you. But actually many PAYG deals are ultra competitive with their top-up bonuses and worthy of consideration if you would prefer the flexibility of not being tied to a contract

Congratulations also