End Of Series That Were Not Worthy Of The Series (not cliffhangers)

Garrett

For a start apart from the orignal series of Star Trek I thought the generally praised STNG All Good Things a bit of mumbo jumbo. As was Voyager. As for DS9 was too much metaphysical.
Enterprise last episode was said to be a love letter to the fans, most like me think poison pen better describe it.

Person of Interest seemed to be all over the show and
not content with two of the best characters the weeks before, killed of the main hero

The Prisoner which was a bit left field I still understood what was going on, but the last episode was like a bad dream.

I have one word and one show that had the worst ending ever. After spending countless hours hoping it would end on a high it was an awful ending.

That show is Lost

richardb70

Distinguished Member
The Battlestar Reboot springs to mind. Not a satisfying ending at all.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
I lost interest before the end. I have the entire series on blu. I keep meaning to go back to it.

Bri
I loved BSG - up until a point. Memory is a little hazy but
after they escaped from New Caprica
, the quality dropped. The whole Final Five / "All Along The Watchtower" thing was underwhelming, plus the new age mysticism stuff, Kara Thrace being
the angel of death
, religion etc. To me, it seemed as though they wanted to try to tie it all off neatly and fluffed it with supernatural nonsense (just like Lost).

Garrett

I lost interest before the end. I have the entire series on blu. I keep meaning to go back to it.

Bri
I went an bought the box set on all the people telling me how good it was and was saving two episodes for my Saturday film night (albeit not a film) and got boored half the way though the first season.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
I went an bought the box set on all the people telling me how good it was and was saving two episodes for my Saturday film night (albeit not a film) and got boored half the way though the first season.
Noooo! The first season is quality :). Did you watch the excellent mini-series first? The space battle at the end of that is still amazing to watch.

Garrett

Although nothing wrong with The Invaders end I thought
they could have show an episode two before as the last one where it was David Vincent helped two Invaders get home because they were peaceful and wanted to stop the invasion and let them know what an other faction was up to on Earth, and would have been a good end to the series but as it was it you just too it David Vincent would continue as would the Invaders. Also there a crappy 2 part sequel

Garrett

Noooo! The first season is quality :). Did you watch the excellent mini-series first? The space battle at the end of that is still amazing to watch.
No if it was not in the box set.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Yes, agree with brian. Some box sets didn't include it, so you'd start at the "33" episode and miss out.

brian s

Distinguished Member
Yes, agree with brian. Some box sets didn't include it, so you'd start at the "33" episode and miss out.
I originally bought the mini series on DVD. If I remember correctly it was all on one disc together with a making of documentary. The pic quality was terrible but I still enjoyed it. There's a lot to enjoy before it goes off.

Bri

TobyKenobi

Enterprise last episode was said to be a love letter to the fans, most like me think poison pen better describe it.
This was shocking. Made worse by the fact that they'd set up some good stuff in the previous few episodes (the 'evil' mirror universe, T'Pol and Tucker's mysterious baby) which I thought they could have brought together for the finale. Instead we get some crappy holodeck episode from the TNG.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Agree with Lost, Definitely "lost" itself at the end there!

Falling Skies, Revolution, The dome, Haven all come to mind!

kav

Distinguished Member
Bloodline was disappointing. It felt like they had planned for 4 or 5 seasons and instead had to cram everything into 3. And then rather than resolve the majority of plot threads they just rolled dice to decide the outcome. A great show ruined by a disappointing conclusion.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I have one word and one show that had the worst ending ever. After spending countless hours hoping it would end on a high it was an awful ending.

That show is Lost
Agree

/thread

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
Iron Fist ........... Netflix, appalling end

Jessica Jones.......Netflix, equally appalling

Maybe it is just Netflix?

richardb70

Distinguished Member
Have to add Dexter to the list. Great first 4 seasons then a steady decline. The final season was just awful.

Garrett

Iron Fist ........... Netflix, appalling end

Jessica Jones.......Netflix, equally appalling

Maybe it is just Netflix?
Have the series been canceled?

beamer133

Plus 1 for Dexter. Very disappointed with the end there. Guess some of it depends when the cancellation comes. Watching person of interest at the moment but only on season 3. People at work say it's gone silly now. Oh well

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Another vote for Dexter, poor final season and awful last episode and conclusion.

On the flip side, two shows with great endings were "The West Wing" and "Justified". I was sad to see them finish but thought their conclusions were fitting ends to 2 excellent TV shows

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

TCL announces new soundbars for UK TV consumers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2020 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Top Bottom