Encoding format to play on Samsung TV

maxsquared

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to video camcorders, I bought my first camcorder, a Canon HF100 from Currys for 299, been playing around with it, great camera, great image quality.

Anyways, after I shoot the video, I am not sure what video format I shall encode the video and in what bit rate to play on my new Samsung 46 LED TV, I have Adobe Premier at work, I encoded with Adobe Media Encoder with H.264 format, but my Samsung TV won't recognize the video. So what format shall I encode with Adobe? In what bit rate? What do you guys think? Or any other software do you guys suggest to use?

Many thanks.

Hi all,

I am new to video camcorders, I bought my first camcorder, a Canon HF100 from Currys for 299, been playing around with it, great camera, great image quality.

Anyways, after I shoot the video, I am not sure what video format I shall encode the video and in what bit rate to play on my new Samsung 46 LED TV, I have Adobe Premier at work, I encoded with Adobe Media Encoder with H.264 format, but my Samsung TV won't recognize the video.
The TV does not recognise formats as such, it recognises video signals .
This means it recognises video files as signals whic a layer HTPC ec wold have converted them to
what are you playong the files with to the TV?
So what format shall I encode with Adobe?
In what bit rate? What do you guys think? Or any other software do you guys suggest to use?
First get a playable video and player
If the files play on a PC. why can they not be played off an HDTV?

The TV does not recognise formats as such, it recognises video signals .
This means it recognises video files as signals whic a layer HTPC ec wold have converted them to
what are you playong the files with to the TV?

First get a playable video and player
If the files play on a PC. why can they not be played off an HDTV?

Thanks for the reply, but my TV has a function which can play video files off my USB key.

The file does play on my PS3, but I want to take the full advantage of my cam (e.g. 24p) and encode to a better format rather than using raw format.

Thanks for the reply, but my TV has a function which can play video files off my USB key.

The file does play on my PS3, but I want to take the full advantage of my cam (e.g. 24p) and encode to a better format rather than using raw format.
Thank you for that
I also have a Phillips TV which can similarly play media files off a USB and Flash media ( it has a card reader slot)I only ever use it to display jpeg stills as hi def
I know for a fact it cannot play h.264 and Ive never tried playing even mpeg2 1080i ( HDV ) off it.

IMHO These are best left for the likes of your PS3 or indeed a Bluray player if you can make BD video or AVCHD discs
Im not sure of your Tv but they tend ( usually) to support only a limited no of file formats ( MP2, Jpeg, WMA wmv and mp4 ( divx) , and mpeg2 natively . more are added via firmware updates if the manufacturer wishes
With due respect the "raw" format of the camcorder is likely to be the best you can get to display it, unless you make a BD or AVCHD disc from that footage and play off that or go via the PS3

The 1080/24p created from camcorder files via software and then natively playback vis USB may be asking for he impossible

Good luck wih your efforts, it might just work in your case, who knows?. If not tee is always the P3. Also the " best " promised by 1080/24p wih respect to camcorder output may be a marketing thing

FWIW althouth I have a 46" Samsung cpable of 1080/24p. I do a lot of Blu ray watching on a 32"LC display which has 720p/1080i sport and cannot watch the discs at 1080/24P.. Still look great;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom