1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoded premiere project has no sound

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Guwida, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For sometime now I have use adobe premiere 6.5 encoder to encode my mini dv footage so it can be burnt as as an SVCD on CD discs, The results were good. I have now acquired a dvd writer and tried to burn mini dvd footage encoded with premiere 6.5 as a DVD output. When I burnt it using CD Burner XPro software which can burn to DVD despite its name I got video but no audio.

Is it possible to use premiere's encoder to encode mini DV as DVD and then burn it as a DVD?

Gu

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Perhaps it uses MPEG sound so check your player settings

3. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please excuse my ignorance Martin but when you say it perhaps it uses mpeg sound what are you referring to premiere 6.5?

And "check the player settings" are you referring to the dvd burner?

thanking you in anticipation

Gu

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Guwida, I have had the same problem with a DVD player that didn't automatically switch when it didn't receive a Dolby Digital Soundtrack. Some players need to be told the audio on the disc is recorded in AC3 or PCM.