• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Enclosed powered sub advice

mpw2081

Prominent Member
I hope you can help me I am looking to purchase a enclosed sub woofer for my Nissan Xtrail. I don't want a large box in my boot space but underseat unit with great base and quality. Can anybody recommend me something. I've recently just had Hertz speakers placed in front inc tweeters to improve the sound from original Nissan stock but they sound very tinny and no base.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement as they've got good reviews and well made, but maybe they provide more mid and top range with very little or no bass. I am no expert what's so ever so advice would be nice.

I've been advised to look at at system for the underseat I will let you know what it called when I can find out. Sorry it made by a company callled Rainbow

Help would be appreciated

Aerojon

Established Member
it's actually not an issue with the speakers,it due to the fact the oe speaker have got a high sensitivity and a low rms,so can be powered properly by the factory/Am head unit..i had the same issue when changing out door speakers in a astra a few yrs back..

mpw2081

Prominent Member
Sorted with vehicle speakers installer had wired them wrong at speaker the polarity was wrong sound much better.

Anyway seen a nice little hertz active box for the boot

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom