1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling Dolby Digital Output from a PS2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Mike Bell, May 17, 2002.

1. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

While I was waiting for my dvd player to arrive to hook up to my Denon AVR-3801 amp, I decided to try and run DVD's thru my PS2 for a bit.

I had the optical cable linked into Optical In slot 1 on the back of the amp and I ahd ensured that from the Setup Menu of the Amp, Optical 1 was set to receive Optical, not coaxial (menu option was called Digital In Assignment)

I switched auto format decoding on but the movies refused to play in Dolby Digital, or DTS (where applicable) Tried using the manual method also, without success.

The bloke in the shop where I bought the amp said that there's some sort of hidden menu on the Ps2 where it needs to be told to broadcast out in dolby digital.

He said it needs to have a DVD in when it's switched on and that the menu is "hidden" from the Browser and System Config. menu you normally see ater start up?

Has anybody got any idea how to find this menu because I'm stumped!

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

Mike

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Go to the configuration and in Audio options or similar enable the digital out, its easy when you get there, try switching on with no disc in and go to config its in there, PS I think it tells you in the manual!
    :devil: :devil: :devil: Advocate

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Yep page 6 of the manual! Doh