1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enable dolby digital/dts on fortissimo2 sound card

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by tim k, May 22, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have bought a cheap pci soundcard which has spdif optical out, connected it to my denon 2800 amp, and i can only get dolby prologic 2, or neo 6. How do i enable the card to send out dolby digital signals and change the amp (like my sky + box does on the movie channels with dd sound)? I have enabled dolby digital in the sound settings. anyone familiar with this card?

2. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    downloaded power dvd 6 and enabled spdif, its now switching the amp to dd. im not sure if it works with media center tho, just guna try that, anyone else had similar problems?

4. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Im not sure about your card but you might have to disable your cards DD decoding and let your amp do the decoding. And yes make sure your software DVD player has SPDIF ticked.

5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that pacman, i have now enabled spdif on media center and i can route dd into the amp. Excellent!! Still a few more problems.

1) I can only get dd sound watching movies, no other sounds come out of the amp in any format, i have all the waves etc unmuted, but if you look at the attachment the spdif will only kick into dd when i click on the power dvd option. If i click the top option i get sound but it will not go out in dd. the bottom option and no sound is heard.

2) i also want to enable the analogue mini jack which i have connected to my lcd (which has small speakers built in) but i hear no sound from the lcd. help!!

Attached Files: