EMUCenter - A dream come true for gamers.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Blump, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Blump

Blump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've been wanting a simple MCML coded game launcher for a while as I cannot stand that Gamex thing and creating shortcuts and .mcl files in vista media center is too much of a chore.

This has been out a couple months now and I only found it by chance, i'm quite amazed that everyone isn't talking about it

http://www.push-a-button.com.au/products/mce/vista/emucenter/index.php

There are some minor bugs to the program like icons not being aligned and scrolling isn't all that efficient but they're minor things really.

It runs smoothly and looks good and the setup is easily managed, the developer is also very enthusiastic releasing many revisions so its always being updated in both 32 and 64 bit for vista media center (ignore the beta 0.0.1 on the download page, it seems he doesn't really pay much attention to the website:) ).

So far I have tested it with MAME, Project64 and Z-Snes and its worked great, I also really like the way I can easily add PC Games and customise the screenshots it uses without messing about registering .XML and manually creating .mcl files.

here are some screen shots from my install of EMUCenter:

Favourites List:

[​IMG]

Arcade Game List:

[​IMG]

PC Games List:
    [​IMG]

Super Nintendo Game List:

[​IMG]

Nintendo 64 Game List:

[​IMG]

Nice and easy all from the comfort of your living room chair.