Emtec HDD Movie Cube Q120 500gb

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by muppetwalk, Feb 9, 2009.

1. muppetwalk

muppetwalk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Hoping someone can help me. I have given up on trying to get my PS3 and XBox 360 to stream my music collection (including Napster to Go library) without any problems and have decided to get a standalone player that deals with all the functions and more.

Today in PC World I have seen the Emtec HDD Movie Cube Q120 500gb for £145 I think or thereabouts.

As I haven't been in the media streaming market since using a Philips Streamium a few years ago I want to know if anyone knows whether this supports Napster to Go tracks. It sounds like an ideal product which incorporates storage and streaming capabilities I just don't want to buy it and find out it won't play my Napster to Go library which is pretty big now. I also have about 2000 other albums already ripped on my laptop which I can then transfer over.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a Samsung Home Theatre system so can use the 5.1 speaker system for a good quality sound output and my movies should play well on my Samsung HDTV as I said earlier the only issue is the Napster to Go support.

2. kingofpies

kingofpies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
  3. b3nj1b0y

b3nj1b0y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DO NOT buy this product. It does not do what it says on the box. It is invisible on a standard windows based home network,(even if you apply the patch on the makers web site) and you can only move data to it via the TV interface which is slow and cumbersome. I paid £149 in Currys Digital and I wish I'd given the money to the Big Issue seller outside. Then somebody would have got some benefit from it. See my comments on Gadgetspeak to see the full list of my complaints about this machine.