1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty beach

Discussion in 'Past Entries' started by electrolyte, Aug 5, 2005.

1. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Took this photo on my holiday in Mallorca in June 2005. Got up at the crack of dawn to take some sun-rise shots and also took some of the empty beach. It was during this photo session that I took my entry for the June 'signs' comp.

Taken using my IXUS 430 on auto mode. I did an Auto Smart Fix, cropped and straightened the horizon in Elements.

If I get a chance to get to a beach in the next few weeks (which is unlikely) I may enter a different shot....

Attached Files:

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I can't see any towles on those loungers :confused: :laugh:

A really nice picture, though, and this is so picky it's untrue, i think the first umberella would have been better more to the left of the picture. That would then lead the eye down the line more, possibly :laugh:

3. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    :laugh: I don't know if there is alink here but I went there during English school half-term and as German schools weren't on holiday then, hardly any Germans were at the resort that week! The only ones there were childless couples who had permanent looks on their faces of "we should really have checked when the English schools are on holiday next time before we book our holiday!

Not picky at all, I agree with you. It would look better like that. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup: