Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

EmpireDirect.co.uk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chuckalicious, Oct 30, 2005.

1. chuckalicious

chuckalicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but as I'm looking for a new dvd player, I thought I'd stick it in here....

I saw an ad on TV for www.empiredirect.co.uk

The prices look pretty good, and so I was wondering if anyone had used them before and if so, what they thought of them. I know there are a lot of really bad ones out there and don't want to order just to have to cancel or fight them later when I don't get the kit...

Cheers

2. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They're a fairly average internet company - think they won an award or two a few years ago. Certainly not dodgy and they also have an arm that provides replacement goods for insurance companies which is a good sign they are a reputable company. If you are looking purely for price they aren't the cheapest. Petertyson.co.uk are cheap and get good customer service feedback. I always use pricerunner.co.uk to check best prices before I buy but they don't give a complete list.

3. martinedwards

martinedwards
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll add my vote. Used them a few times, and had little trouble.

On once occasion they sent the wrong item (their error) but arranged for courier collection and a replacement item in a couple of days, so no problem there.

On another occasion an item they supplied failed in the first couple of months. When I contacted them, I asked if I could select an alternative item and pay the small difference, and they were perfectly willing to do so, and again arranged a quick swap out.

They aren't perfect (who is) but seem pretty good to deal with.

4. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    They're perfectly legit and have some good deals. They can be slow though. Often they will only order from the manufacturer after they receive your order. So if your in a hurry then you might want to look elsewhere. Otherwise they're fine.

5. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Have dealt with them before, no problems at all.

But as somebody else said, they are NOT the cheapest around.

Peter Tyson are one of the best for customer service and prices, but it's still worth checking them out and then doing a "Kelkoo" search on the particular model.

Rob

6. Matt306

Matt306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    My insurance company used Empire to replace my AV equip. They were very friendly on the phone, advised my of the delay I could expect with the Denon 1906 and 1920. Even after that it all turned up well within their schedule.

7. maxl

maxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Likewise, I have bought loads of electrical goods from them and never had any problems. I used to live near one of their showrooms and I found the sales guys to be great. Not your average Comet/Curry's dude :)

8. chuckalicious

chuckalicious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good stuff. Never heard of the other place, but it looks ok. I'll check them out

Wouldn't it be nice if there was one place that sold it all, at the best prices? :)

Ah, dream on!

9. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Never used there Internet site but as i live not far from Bradford i went for the Boxing day sale (it was bloody good as well)

Got myself a 28inch Sony Trinitron for £240 2 years ago this boxing day, saw it about 2 months back still selling in Sainisburys for just under £600.

There sales people inside are a bit pushy, but apart from that i was in and out within 10-15min (after a 1hr wait for the doors to open :p)