Empire: Total War

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
i have not had one single problem with this game - i have it on my steam account - its a fantastic game

Sonic67

Banned
I've won as Britain!

Deadringers

hey guys,

Got this game in the recent steam sales and have to say I am a bit annoyed with the time it takes to end my go.

i press the end go button or next turn button, what ever it is called! and it take me about 20-30 seconds to get to the next turn.

I would have thought my PC is powerful enough to fly through this? bloody annoying as it is making the game a pain in the arse to play.

Jonesy012

Deadringers it seems turn times has nothing to do with your PC power. It's just the sheer volume of scripts needed for the vast amount of factions. Wait for the Napoleon sale and get that, it is what Empire should have been. With that said Empire is good and I'll play it again when I get my decent PC.

Med 2 is on offer today and I think that is my favourite one.

eiren

Distinguished Member
Got this, Napoleon, Medieval II, and Rome in the recent Steam sale.... never played a Total War game before, but played the tutorials on Medieval and really liked it.

Which one should I start with?

JustinJ004

One of my favorite gaming series of all time, you're in for a treat.

Considering age etc I would go with the following:

Rome - Install the latest stainless steel mod if you can

Medieval 2 - My fav and the last of the melee oriented gameplay style (until Shogun 2 tomorrow of course)

Napoleon - Basically the is what Empire should have been. It has an awesome campaign and the graphics are great when maxed

Empire - Once you start this you will either go right back to Napoleon or invest in Shogun 2 ;)

Last edited:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Thanks!

Love the big sieges, and having thousands of people swarming across a battlefield. It feels quite epic.

I love ninjas, so will have to look into Shogun 2 if I ever get around to playing all of these!

JustinJ004

You're not kidding mate, you have an epic quest ahead of you if you are planing to complete all of them for sure! :laugh:

I think the only one I have put less than 30 hours into is Empire (mostly due to bugs) and iirc that was hovering around 25 hours on my old account :rolleyes:

eiren

Distinguished Member
Just looked for the Stainless Steel mod... is that for Medieval 2 and not Rome? Can't find it for Rome... but looks good for the other one!

JustinJ004

Sorry mate you are correct, it's been so long since I played it. :blush:

The one I used for Rome was Rome Total Realism. Stainless Steel is great for Medieval too.

eiren

Distinguished Member
Sorry mate you are correct, it's been so long since I played it. :blush:

The one I used for Rome was Rome Total Realism. Stainless Steel is great for Medieval too.
Worth getting Total Realism as well? I've just installed Stainless Steel 6.4 for Med 2 :thumbsup:

JustinJ004

Worth getting Total Realism as well? I've just installed Stainless Steel 6.4 for Med 2 :thumbsup:
Yeah I would say so. It adds more realistic factions and makes combat flow at a more believable pace.

The only thing is I think it removes the 3 separate Roman factions which means you will miss out on the story so maybe better to play that first, although I always find these games tell their own stories tbh so it's up to you.

Also the other popular mod (Surrectum II) gets a lot of good things said about it but I had moved on by the time it came out so never installed it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom