• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Empire Subscription - £19.99, 6 months, free Alone in the Dark.

dennett316

Prominent Member
www.greatmagazines.co.uk/dark

I've just subscribed for this. 6 months of Empire for £19.99 DD payment (renewable every 6 months), taken on 22/5/08 for next issue, and get Alone in the Dark for either 360 or Wii. :thumbsup:
Good stuff for me, I get Empire every m onth anyway so might as well save some cash on a game I really want.

According to play.com the game is out on 20/6/08. Hopefully! Got the FHM games ok, so I'm confident I'll get this too.

Slapaham

Established Member
I was tempted by this but then read the small print and saw that the subscription is for a minimum of 12 months so its actually £40 you have to pay - not bad if you buy the mag anyway but I'd rather save the space...

dennett316

Prominent Member
Anyone done one of these offers and cancelled before 12 months are up? Just wondering what happens.

Nevermind, didn't actually notice it said min 12 months as it only says in the mag 6 issues + AITD for £19.99. No sense in complaining as it says it on the site. Oh well, still get the game free and the magazines cheaper than shop price. Still curious about above actually if anyone's done it.

Slapaham

Established Member
It may be okay, it may not - I have cancelled direct debit subscriptions before their time is up in the past but that was for a gym membership! It depends on how fussy a company is but I'm not willing to risk it...

Lets put it this way - if you buy the mag anyway, you get a game free! :thumbsup:

If you were going to get the game when it comes out then you get a years worth of subscription to this mag free also as I'm sure this game will be around £35-40 when it first comes out... But thats if they honour the offer (presuming after the fuss FHM caused in the past I would imagine they will!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom