1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

empire direct

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ewin, Nov 16, 2004.

1. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to know if they are good or not as i`m ready to buy a widescreen tv from them.
    But i would really want to know if people have had problems with them and comments about the cs and after care.

2. harmunt

harmunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My mate bought a 28" JVC Widescreen a few months ago from them and it was found to be faulty.
    Empire Direct collected it and replaced it within 3 days.

I too am considering a widescreen purchase from them soon.

3. stupidboyjj

stupidboyjj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My mate bought a Philips 28" widescreen thing with built in Freeview receiver from them, so far no problems..

I'm considering buying from them now as they're suddenly cheaper than Sound and Vision on the Philips 28PW9509 (was 628 yesterday, now 649 at S&V!).

JJ

4. ventoboy1000

ventoboy1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I think Empire's service is excellent.
    Had a couple of faulty Sony Tv's.
    They were replaced promptly without any problems.
    Will definitely use them again ! :thumbsup:

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have not bought anything from them myself.
    However I know of others that have experienced difficulties trying to find local service once the Empire swap-out period has passed.
    It can be problematic shipping 100kg CRT back to Leeds, especially if the box was not kept, often the case after several months.
    These days many local dealers only provide service by their in-house service departments to those that have purchased from them.

Worth checking anyway. Obviously it is usually not a problem with Panasonic plasmas or similar which can be looked after through Panasonic wherever it was bought from, but with CRTs you may be stuffed. :cool:

6. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    We use Empire Direct as the suppliers for most of the electrical replacements for home claims - unfortuantly the corporate discount we get for employees to buy from them isnt that great at all.

The service they give tends to be very good but they can be a bit lacking in technical knowledge - as a rule of thumb don't go to them for advice on which system to get or for comparisons between brands etc

7. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Took delivery of 2 32 inch LCD's delivered on time with a call int the morning with an expected ETA. The delivery Guys had a document that said it was a delivey and unpack which was great as I was able to check for dead pixels etc. Delivery guys were A1 and even put them back in the box once everything was to my satisfaction. Best service from an e-retailer ever.