1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empire Direct say more GA3E screens are "due soon" - do we believe them?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by NicolasB, Feb 28, 2005.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Would be cool if true - the price they quote for the LC37GA3E is £1933.80 + £50 delivery. That includes VAT. (LC32GA3E is £1298.78 + £35 delivery). But whether they're really going to get any more in stock I don't know....

2. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    as far as im concerned rubbish they wont get them in and if they do at that price they will be graded stock.the only place you will get them is germany or france

3. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have ordered one through Empiredirect this morning, had a outstanding order for the Tosh 32wl48p waiting...but then noticed their website had been updated with the 32GA3E for £1,298 and have switched to the Sharp, hope I have made the right decision. :(

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Considering they were offering Loewe Spheros LCDs for £2135.33 and then suddenly pulled out when I tried to order one, I would be very much doubtful about this deal.

5. Manic1

Manic1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry you haven't been able to source one of these sets, but due to the great specifications, feature mix, and very low price, these sets were increadably popular and demand far exceeded our sales projections leading to all the sets being sold ahead of schedule. You may still be lucky enough to find a retailer who has one in stock however the numbers of these sets out on the market place are now very small. If I hear of a stockist with a set I will forward you their details however I think this is not very likely. I would continue to speak to Empire and ask them how and when they are going to get the set for you.

Regards
    Aquos Adviser

Sharp Electronics (UK) Limited
    Reg. No. 965877
    Reg. Office: Sharp House, Thorp Road, Manchester M40 5BE

6. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    Update: Empire Direct no longer have the LC32GA3E advertised on their site. The LC37GA3E is still listed. The price is £60 more than it was a couple of days ago, but still comparatively cheap.

7. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    spoke to them today,not likely to be getting them in was there reply as it is a disscontinued model.like we didnt already know

8. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jl have 37 ga3

9. Black Custard

Black Custard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But do you really want to pay 3.5K for one

10. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    why dont john lewis be fair and do it at a resonable price,i know for a fact they get them for about £1900 so why so much profit.i personally dont by from them anymore even though they do 5 year warranty,to buy of sharp you have to be vat registered and a friend of mine is thats how i know

11. Black Custard

Black Custard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree with you, I am all for paying a fair price and would really like one of these sets. I would call somewhere in the region of 2,300 - 2,500 fair, but an extra 1,000 over the top :eek: no chance

12. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
  13. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    if you look you will see Awaiting Stock .which means they will not be getting any,there are none available except for john lewis who as we know sell at a very resonable price :devil:

14. jiggy

jiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well just to let you know that I ordered one of these at the weekend and I've just had a phonecall to check that it was convenient to deliver it tomorrow..... :clap:

Oh ye of little faith.......

15. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Well done Jiggy.

16. dsbat

dsbat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so has it arrived Jiggy?

17. jiggy

jiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just finished plugging it in!

Thought I'd come onto the forum to try and find what settings I should change....

First impressions are the picture isn't too hot - quite blocky with abit of motion blur running on RGB on SKY+, but I was expecting that tbh until I can tinker with the settings.... plus the scart cables I've got are pretty rubbish I think. Is it worth paying out for expensive ones?

The TV itself is a serious bit of kit, seems really well built. Heavier than I was expecting and the stand it comes with is a bit too wide to sit on the fireplace where I hoped it would go temporarily..... and one got any ideas where I can get a wall bracket for it?

My impressions of Empire direct have been pretty good. Phoned me yesterday to check that it was ok to deliver today and then the courier has phoned 3 times today to let me know what's happening and what time to expect them - you can't ask for more than that. My only reservation is that is said on the delivery note deliver and unpack whereas they only dropped it of, but I'm not too bothered about that tbh. Much more fun unwrapping it yourself :D

Now I've just got to convince my wife it's always been here - I've got a strange feeling I didn't actually mention the fact I've ordered it to her..... :oops:

18. vgopal

vgopal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jiggy,
    you very lucky to get this, ive been searching for weeks trying to get it.
    how much did you end up paying in total?

im going to try ordering with empire and see what happens.

19. jiggy

jiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It cost me £1980 inc delivery which I was pretty pleased about..... to be honest I'd been looking for ages and had pretty much given up on one and was going back to the plasma idea.

They phoned me on monday (I ordered it sunday evening) to ask if they could charge my card to make sure I got one of the ones they had coming in.... at the end of the day I figured once they'd done that they were legally obliged to get me one.....

I've played about with the settings and the picture is now :thumbsup: Even my better half commented.... but I'm still after a wall mount if anyone's got any ideas?

20. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    No, they most certainly were not. If they didn't get you one and also refused to give you your money back, that would be illegal, of course, but taking your money puts them under no obligation at all, so long as they're prepared to give it back again.

21. jiggy

jiggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that once they had taken payment then there was acceptance and a contract in place - so if they couldn't supply me one I good go elsewhere and look to recover the difference under the "loss of bargain" law...... which I'm sure they wouldn't be too keen on.....

22. ucsman

ucsman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NicolasB - I would personally recommend that neither you nor AVForum members order any goods from 247Electrical.
    A product I ordered that was 'in-stock' with 2 day delivery and a 1 1/2 months later left waiting. Usual 'supplier issues' quoted, promise dates coming and going. Debited card straught away though!!

Its worth paying a little extra elsewhere for a lot less hassle

23. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Stick with twiddling the settings you can get a pretty good piccy on Sky. I have also found the PQ improves over time, more subtle contrast and more natural tones.

Picture on component and DVI is awesome !

Well done on finding one..... :smashin:

Got mine from Empire too and found them excellent.