Empire Direct puzzle.

Faust

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been on the Empire Direct website recently and done a search on LCD or Plasma t.v.'s Almost any of the brand names are showing "Due Soon" when you try to make an order. Anyone know if they are having financial problems or problems with suppliers. Any company that does not have stock to sell are not going to remain in business long. Mind you taking money from your credit card the minute you click to order is a nice little earner if the customer then has to wait anything up to a month for delivery.

:confused:

Ordering with Empire Direct is generally :suicide: if my experience at work, where they are 'preferred suppliers' is anything to go by.

scrapbook said:
Ordering with Empire Direct is generally :suicide: if my experience at work, where they are 'preferred suppliers' is anything to go by.

Hi there scrapbook - so what have you been looking at today, and where? We have most defiantly decided that 32" is off the menu - just to small, OK for second t.v. or bedroom etc. but for a more cinematic experience (which is what we are aiming for) 37" is a minimum. If you check your email you will see my list.

Very odd company that Empire Direct - I mean let's face it, you can say you will sell anything at any price if you don't actually have it to sell e.g. Panny Plasma for a £1.00 anyone :eek:

Faust said:
Has anyone been on the Empire Direct website recently and done a search on LCD or Plasma t.v.'s Almost any of the brand names are showing "Due Soon" when you try to make an order. Anyone know if they are having financial problems or problems with suppliers. Any company that does not have stock to sell are not going to remain in business long. Mind you taking money from your credit card the minute you click to order is a nice little earner if the customer then has to wait anything up to a month for delivery.

:confused:

They don't take your money until the sets arrive in stock. They may take a deposit however.

Most sets are showing 'due soon' as they are all the new models and they are indeed waiting on stock.

Don't think they are having any financial troubles. Most insurance compaies use Empire to replace goods claimed on. That's a sizable income already for basically doing not too much.

...that gets me worried as I have a new Sony LCD on order with them. They have taken the money and they say that its with the couriers (no tracking information available), or is that a delay tactick...?

I had a lot of problems with them a couple of years back waiting,waiting waiting until I cancelled. don't know if theyve improved

Never had a minute's trouble with 'em myself

I ordered and received a AV-AMP+speakers which originally was showing 'Due Soon'. I had email from one of their sales rep’s that day giving me the opportunity to either change my order or wait or cancel. I decided to wait and after about 1-1/2 weeks I noticed it was registering Stock available. So I dropped them an email that morning and it was delivered the following day. So my personal experience is only good :hiya:

Yup me too, i know lot's have been written about ED, but all my experiences have been very positive with them, very honest about lead times etc.

I think the new Sony LCD's are fairly in demand (you badge concious people) so they probably are just waiting on stock.

I ordered a Panasonic th42pv500 from Empire on 18th July when they also took the money. Every week I call and every week they tell me expected delivery is the following week. I'm getting well cheesed off and on the point of cancelling. Used them before and not had problems but keeping £2k plus for quarter of a year on the basis of false promises is taking the :censored:

...had a call from the couriers this afternoon, they have my V40 and delivery is set for Wednesday... Excellent job Empire Direct... Hooray...!!!

OK, having had a blast at Empire Direct earlier in this thread, I now have to retract at least some of my words. Credit should be given when it's due and, although they had my money from 18th July, Empire have finally received th42pv500's and mine is scheduled to be despatched on Thursday. I can't wait :clap: :clap: :clap: Still wish they'd been more honest about delivery times though. :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom