Empire Direct -ignore any other messages i have left

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mrwicked, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mrwicked

mrwicked

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'm now about to receive my 3rd, yes 3rd Samsung SP42 from this company since the 1st of December.
    First one fault with a red mist over the screen
    Took two weeks to swap out (we'll call you back in 48 hours they say),not happening I've had one call from them to say they would be delivering

2nd set no image on screen LEDS work thats it....
    First they sent out a company that they shouldnt have done (meant to be swapped out for a new one) they sent a company to take it away and fix it, this is a set that is less a month old.
    Again call after call we'll call you back, again doesnt happen and I have to continually chase them.
    I tried to get an upgrade to the SONY KDFE50A12 and offered to pay over half the difference....Not a chance.
    And to top it off the website says they've got stock....but what do you know none in stock and no due date......

So I'm now stuck with a 6' piece of crap in the corner of my living room and there apology a £50.00 cheque and a sorry but get lost......

So to finish off in my opinion, cheap prices but absolutley ***** service....

I give them minus one star.....

Rant finished

2. Marvin02

Marvin02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried Contacting Trading Standards
    This surely must be covered under the Sale of Goods Act

3. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    You have given then reasonable amount of time to sort this out, your not happy so demand a refund now or replacement within 7days in writing to them, also instruct trading standards WHERE Empire direct are based of your complaint and ask them to seek redress on your behalf.

4. doodles

doodles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    i would never buy from them.

get in touch with trading standrads.

5. mrwicked

mrwicked

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your replies I'll contact trading standards, they cant replace it within 7 days as they are not due into stock for approx 2 weeks (even thought their website still states they have them in stock).

6. Dazzyman

Dazzyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Stock issues arent your concern, your giving them reasonable amount of time to rectify this and they cant, its really not your problem when you go down this road as you paid for a item to work and it hasnt (and each day that goes past your paying for there warrenty). You dont have a product of merchandisable quality so its instant refund instead then if they cant replace.