• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Empire Direct Free 5yr Warranty

Eiji

Empire Direct are currently offering a free 5yr warranty on selected LCD and Plasma TVs.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/featured/features/tv_5yrguarantee/

A friend of mine wants to purchase a Panasonic TH-37PX80B from there after seeing mine :smashin:

He was going to get one from Richer Sounds but there is no local store nearby and there is also no Empire Direct store nearby but they do the 5yr warranty with online purchases now.

Has anyone ordered from Empire Direct online?

Is the warranty supplied by themselves or the manufacturer? Do you get any paperwork for the 5yr warranty?

Thanks.

#Ed

Standard Member
I,ve had a Panasonic TH46PZ85B delivered from them
just waiting for the warranty to be delivered it's supposed to come through the post within 2 weeks with my reciept

I'll let you know when i get it:smashin:

vinny41

Its not free as you need to be a edXtra members to qualify
FREE Guarantee is applicable to edXtra members only.
All cover periods quoted INCLUDE the manufacturers guarantee period.

Membership is £29.99 per year

Eiji

I,ve had a Panasonic TH46PZ85B delivered from them
just waiting for the warranty to be delivered it's supposed to come through the post within 2 weeks with my reciept

I'll let you know when i get it:smashin:

Did Empire Direct actually tell you that the warranty will be delivered via post?

Is this the Panasonic warranty where you fill the form in and send it with a copy of the receipt?

Aren't Empire supplying their own warranty?

tdm34

Dont forget that Panasonic have continued their "Free 5 year guarantee"in store promotion untill the end of October

Regards Rob.................................

herbsz

Empiredirect told me that no membership was required to qualify for the 5 year guarantee :confused:

#Ed

Standard Member

Wsn't told owt about this?

Have to wait and see

the panny tv's on empire direct are 5 yr guarentee from panny, so you dont need to be an extra member, normally to have there 5 year guarentee you have to pay there membership £30 per year.

have just got the 46" panny plasma from them and didnt pay any extra for 5 year guarentee

Eiji

the panny tv's on empire direct are 5 yr guarentee from panny, so you dont need to be an extra member, normally to have there 5 year guarentee you have to pay there membership £30 per year.

have just got the 46" panny plasma from them and didnt pay any extra for 5 year guarentee

Did you purchase and collect your TV instore for the 5yr Panasonic Warranty or do Empire Direct send the Panasonic Warranty claim form and receipt in the post (after 2 weeks from purchase?) to you even if you purchase a Panasonic TV online from their website?

Panasonic have extended their free 5yr warranty deal till the end of October:

Panasonic 5yr Warranty Microsite

EDIT: Just noticed this is being discussed at MoneySavingExpert.com aswell with no concrete answer.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1200145

Last edited:

Eiji

My friend contacted them and they said even if you purchase a Panasonic TV off them, the 5 year warranty is with Empire Direct and not Panasonic despite Panasonic currently having a free 5 year warranty promotion with selected stores, Empire Direct being one of them.

Anyway, my friend has ordered a 37PX80 from Argos instead for £559 with a free 3 year warranty.

rasb0

Bought my TH-46PZ81B yesterday (in-store) at Empire and it is being delivered tomorrow. The 5 Year Warranty is a Panasonic Warranty. At the time of purchase the sales assistant gave me 2 receipts and an application for the 5 year Panny Warranty. The app. form was stamped by the store and was signed by the manager. I was told to wait for delivery then complete the form including the Serial No. (hence why I have to wait for delivery), then post the app. form with one of the two receipts by 30th November.

Eiji

Bought my TH-46PZ81B yesterday (in-store) at Empire and it is being delivered tomorrow. The 5 Year Warranty is a Panasonic Warranty. At the time of purchase the sales assistant gave me 2 receipts and an application for the 5 year Panny Warranty. The app. form was stamped by the store and was signed by the manager. I was told to wait for delivery then complete the form including the Serial No. (hence why I have to wait for delivery), then post the app. form with one of the two receipts by 30th November.

Yeah, the instore warranty is from Panasonic. I meant the 5 year warranty when purchased online. Think I forgot to mention that in my previous post :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom