1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

empire direct and john lewis

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by andya, Nov 8, 2004.

1. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i saw the thread on the on the sharp lcds at a great price on empire direct.anyway i rang them up and they said they had no stock,i was after the 37inch model for £1933 which i thought was to good to be true,i rang john lewis and they said they cant even buy them of sharp for that,anyway to cut a long story short they will price match but they want me to pay the carrige and the 5 year warranty which brings the price to £2500 which is still good but they will do it only when empire have them in stock.i personally think it is all a load of bull,by the way rang empire today and the price has gone up to £2100.i think if this set could be had for the £1933 price i think it would be the the price breakthorugh needed in the lcd market.what do you guys think

2. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im surprised that they said they will match empire direct as it an internet company id get it in writing or you may be disapointed also they cant charge you for the warranty as its free on all jl tvs