Emperor's New Groove

BrianC

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok, I brought a copy of the Ultimate Groove Edition of Emperor's New Groove - Region 2, but I'm a little confused and was wondering if anybody who actually owns this edition (I've already looked at DVDCompare) could help.

The First disk looks (and is actually labeled) as a Disney Classics release of Emperor's New Groove, while the second disk has a nice Disk 2 of 2 Ultimate Groove label. Also the extras on Disk 1 match the standard 1 disk edition not the Ultimate Editions extras for Disk 1 (basiclly there are more extras on it) - so it appears that I have been given the wrong disk 1. I'm not to bothered if the Ultimate Disk 1 isn't THX or doesn't have DTS or doesn't have a better picture quality.

Can anybody please confirm if the Ultimate Edition (Region 2 only, Region 1 is different as I know it has THX and DTS) has:

1) THX certification
2) DTS
3) A Ultimate Groove Disk 1 logo
4) Better picture quality than the standard edition

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Yeah Disc 1 is Gold coloured and says it's the untimate groove version or something, I don't recall if it has DTS or not but I don't see it listed on the back of the case.

Hope this helps!

Jim

thanks for that, is it possible for you to load up the disk and check if it does have DTS (I don't think it does) and more importantly, if it is THX certified, if it is I'll take mine back to the shop, if its not its more or less the same disk that I already have and its not worth the petrol to exchange it.

Hi

I've just taken a look at the disc and it's not got DTS and no THX certification, though I would still change it so the set all matches!! Though I don't know what kind of journey that would entail for you!:)

Jim

Thank you very much for testing that for me :clap:

Its an hours drive, so I'm not so bothered about changing the disk if its just the label and the fact that I've gotten some of the same extras on two disks, besides, I wasn't too hopeful of getting the proper disk when it was the shops last copy. I also guess it was so cheap cause they knew they didn't have the proper disk :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom