Emotiva T0+ vs Elac B6.2 for 5.0.2 no subwoofer if around same price

Theonline3333

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am in an apartment so I cannot have a sub(I do not want to get into whether I should get a sub). I have concrete floors and tv room shares one wall with a neighbor and I have neighbors above and below me. The TV room is 12 feet wide by about 15 feet deep with open floor plan behind me and I sit about 10 feet from tv which is on opposite wall from the open floor plan behind me(back kitchen wall is about 20 feet behind me).

I have a Denon s760h with Emotiva C1+ center and Neumi Bs5 surrounds. I have Emotiva B1+ front L and R but the Elac B6.2 just went on sale for the same price and I was thinking since I do not have a subwoofer that that may be a better fit for me. Then I checked with Emotiva and I can get a factory renewed T0+ for only $60 more than the price I pay for the b1+/b6.2 plus stand price.

So if the Elac B6.2 or the factory renewed Emotiva T0+ were around the same price(considering cost of stands), which do you think would be better for movies and tv with no subwoofer?

Probably the T0+

@Theonline3333

Naturally T-Zero pair to keep the same range at the LCR, but they are not going to be that much different being very compact sized and dual 5,25" drivers. I have owned that type of speakers and heard other brands too, very anemic bass wise i would say. For long term i would want larger speakers like the Emotiva T-1+ at least if going without subwoofer.

Small quality sub would still be much more enjoyable. Years ago I lived in 3rd floor apartment and didn`t have issues with 10" sealed sub - then the sub went to top floor apartment which was newer built and no complaints, later the subs got bigger but didn`t have neighbours below me only at sides in apartment again nothing to worry as didn`t do silly things daily and only used it with movies/series so no constant thumping bass whole day often with music example which can be very annoying as people boost the sub too much like the guy you mentioned probably is doing.

I would still rather buy the subwoofer isolation pad, put the compact subwoofer on it and have it close to listener either side of couch or straight behind listener. It would be very unlikely to bother neighbours cause you don`t need to run it loud to get impact (as per having it nearfield). The Emotiva sub we talked about doesn`t play that low which is only good thing but it will give some decent impact surely and overall make the system sound bigger with more weight/depth. Oh and it`s very cheap! I hope you could try it cause everything else is just trying to compensate it and you are never going to be happy until you get the sub.

@Theonline3333 OSD is having summer sale for subwoofers, often more known from speakers but the new range of woofers looks intresting. There is 10" active driver and two 10" passive radiators (not powered). This TreVoce10 model is going dirt cheap with 60day money back guarantee so you won`t lose anything trying it at home. You can even return the subwoofer isolation pad to Amazon. Consider the sub route still. :)

Thank you both for the feedback and that info on the subs. I ordered the T0+ towers. I will keep the sub in mind if I feel like I am missing something when I set the towers up but given that I am satisfied with things now I should hopefully be even more happy with the towers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom