Emotiva RMC-1, RMC-1L & XMC-2 Owners Thread

He may want to but thats up to him...he doesnt have to try anything wait till the arcam club get here
What nad did you have and what version of Dirac.

Thats irrelevant to this thread as its for emotiva stuff. I was just saying everyone’s different not everyone likes the same.
I know we are all different but if you don't try then you won't know. I didn't think that I would like the nad. But it sounds a lot better than I thought it would. It's so good that I don't need my power amp. Just giving him different options.

I know we are all different but if you don't try then you won't know. I didn't think that I would like the nad. But it sounds a lot better than I thought it would. It's so good that I don't need my power amp. Just giving him different options.
Have you tried the Emotiva then?

The XMC-1 then?

The XMC-2 is not like the XMC-1, I think the 2 is a completely different pre with a whole new architecture so I’m not sure its a fair comparison of the XMC-2 / RMC-1 / L based on the XMC-1.
I’ve had a few AVR/AVCs and they all have their pros and cons, they all sound different with different kit, in different rooms and with different ears, also the AVR you end up with is not always the one that sounded the absolute best. Just sometimes there’s a killer feature or compatibility issue that’s a priority to you that may not be a priority to others. I no longer have an Emo, but I know it sounded better than my recent NAD & Arcam Dirac AVR even though the Emo is still to get Dirac..

The XMC-2 does sound very good, easily the best sounding AV system I've had for 2 channel music, still quite a way behind descent 2 channel systems though. Sadly the interface and menus are awful and I had so many problems that I sent it back. Also the remote, why they went with such a horrible remote I'll never know.

I'm back with Anthem again now, it works so much better and I don't feel that the sound is any worse for movies, though I find the Anthem useless for music.

Emotiva would have to improve a lot for me to try their products again. I'm going to wait to see what Anthem bring out next and then I will either go for that or try the NAD. Anthem need to bring something that can output 9 channels at 4 ohms, otherwise the NAD maybe my only choice. I want to get rid of my 7 channel power amp and get my hifi setup back in.

Latest firmware is out :) V1.10

Pasted from EMO:
RELEASE NOTES:

We have just completed a major update to the firmware for our RMC-1, RMC-1L, and XMC-2 processors.
The new firmware version is FW v1.10 (version one-dot-ten) and we consider it to be an important update.

We consider this to be a major update that greatly improves the experience for all RMC-1, RMC-1L, and XMC-2 owners and encourage everyone to update.

I installed V1.10 over the weekend. My experience with this firmware is quite a bit worse than the previous two. I don't have anything unusual in my setup...LG 4k TV and Nvidia Shield TV Pro. I paused a movie that we were watching for a few minutes to go get a drink, and when I came back to un-pause, HDMI lost sync. It took two power-cycles of everything to get back going again. Switching between sources used to get HDMI sync to recover, but not with V1.10. I'm wondering if I can safely downgrade back to V1.9…not happy.

Anyone else seeing these problems with V1.10? I'm running an RMC-1L.

No, not in my set-up (RMC-1). V1.10 has been the best firmware upgrade so far and they deem it to be a mandatory upgrade - given the amount of code they re-wrote. AFAIK nothing stopping a regression to 1.9, but I'd be inclined to stick with it.

Mine has been pretty stable to be honest, it’s only when I start delving into the deep menus that I start having small issues. Hdmi switching, response, etc, is all as good as anything I’ve used.

The latest FW for me has been excellent. I only have a JVC projector and APTV4k. HDMi in particular is now rock solid and it switches between inputs really fast. Prior to this update I had to do input swaps and power cycles to get it back on both the XMC-1 and 2.

If you are having HDMi issues, I'd suggest what EMO says, which is to completely power off all items at the plug. Then power on again. If that's already done, I'd check the quality of the HDMi cables.

I've just been having a look through the Dirac Live 2 for Emotiva Processors guide, in the hope Dirac might turn up relatively soon. I hadn't realised you can have six Dirac profiles and two PEQ profiles, and associate them with different inputs:

"The current version offers two independent Speaker Presets, each of which can store up to three Dirac Live room correction profiles, along with one manual EQ profile. Various menu options allow you to choose a default profile, associate particular profiles with specific inputs, or manually switch between profiles on the fly."

That's way more flexible than I'd realised. Now, if the Dirac interface box would only turn up soon...

Yes I can't wait for the Dirac box. It sounds great as it is, but I know from the XMC-1 that it will be great after Dirac.

@steelman1991 has a RMC-1 on the classifieds for a bit if a steel (excuse the pun) really.

I just checked with Emotiva support and they said, regarding Dirac "We do not have a release date at this time, but we are planning on releasing it in 2-3 weeks."

Before anyone says it: I know, I know. But still, I'm hopeful!

I just checked with Emotiva support and they said, regarding Dirac "We do not have a release date at this time, but we are planning on releasing it in 2-3 weeks."

Before anyone says it: I know, I know. But still, I'm hopeful!

Reminds me of the South park episode with rr martin explaining how the dragons are coming soon

Just a bit confused, I’ve read the Lounge and here but to confirm,
None of the current processors RMC1, 1L or XMC2 can do Dirac Live, they’re all waiting on the external box ?
It also seems a few of you have sold up after not having them very long, what were the reasons ? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to post on here.
Currently Arcam AVR390 and ATI power amp.
Thanks
John

None of the current processors RMC1, 1L or XMC2 can do Dirac Live, they’re all waiting on the external box ?

That's right. If Emotiva stick to their latest indications, the box should be shipped before the end of June.

It also seems a few of you have sold up after not having them very long, what were the reasons ? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to post on here.

Whatever the reasons were, they were likely before the total re-write and update of the firmware in them. The latest FW1.10 resolves most issues and makes the processors to a new level.

I loved the sound of the processor unfortunately it wasn’t very family friendly for me as it often didn’t work with my Apple TV and kept resetting my SkyQ box back to 1080p. I also did not get on with the XMC-2 screen, maybe I’m old and it was too small, although I’ve read since that the colour may make it hard to read. Anyway sounds like most of the issues have been solved and once you get Dirac should kill most things for the money..

I know exactly what you mean. Prior to the update on the XMC-1 and 2, the HDMI wasn't as stable and sometimes required a manual intervention such as an input change and back, or power down to resolve. Fine if its us, but not so much with kids and family. This indeed is one of the issues now resolved, and Hdmi switching has been rock solid since the update.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom