Emotiva RMC-1,16 x Channel Dirac Processor

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
According to Emotiva these should be available in around 3 months. As I can't be the only other person interested I thought I would post what I have found out about them so far.

Emotiva_RMC1.jpg
emotiva-rmc1-back_740017.jpg

$4999 USD

* Dolby Atmos & DTS-X
* Auro3D with optional license
* All 16 channels are fully differential balanced and include Dirac Live 192Khz processing (7.3.6)
* 3 x LFE Subwoofer outputs
* HDMI 2.0b & HDCP 2.2
* Supports formats up to 4k UHD 50/60Hz 4.4.4 with HDR
* Supports Dolby Vision HDR 10, HLG and Advanced HDR by Technicolour Passthough
* AKM Verita 32bit 768k DAC's per pair of output channels
* Tri Core Analog Devices Griffen Light Shark DSP Chips
* 3 modular expansion bays, add additional inputs or outputs, with all sorts of varieties
* dual OLED front panel displays
* front panel with 1 rotary knob, that can jostle up/down/left/right for navigation

More info can be found in the PDF.

Attachments

• Emotiva-CES17-RMC-1-010317.pdf
    444.6 KB · Views: 587

xsnv

Prominent Member
Looks very tasty, I'll very likely be placing an order for one - provided we don't get shafted on price.

I struggle to see what an LS10 / AudioControl M9 has over this.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Just going by the XMC-1 which goes for $2500 in the US and retails here for £3000, I guess you can expect the RMC-1 to be £6000. Which is a bit ouch for my wallet.

lesliew

Standard Member
No support for wides - could be a deal breaker for me. Although having the processor and Dirac all in one box might help to mitigate my dissapointment.

The back panel in that picture still shows the wide speakers so there's still hope, at least at one point they were thinking about supporting wides.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
No support for wides - could be a deal breaker for me. Although having the processor and Dirac all in one box might help to mitigate my dissapointment.

The back panel in that picture still shows the wide speakers so there's still hope, at least at one point they were thinking about supporting wides.
I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that they may allow you to choose what your channels are for or even add them in a hardware module. We can but hope. 6 ceiling channels does seem far less useful than front wides, I would agree.

lesliew

Standard Member
It would be a no brainer for me, if it supported wides as I am fortunate enough to be an 'Upgrade for Life' member and also have a 40% off upgrade card.
The other downside to purchasing from Emotiva would be how responsive they are to bugs and rolling out software fixes. Whilst's the pops and clicks that I certainly heard on the XMC-1 didn't bother me too much I would expect them to be more responsive to fixing issues with the RMC-1.

However I also have my eye on the Altitude 16 so my concerns may just end up belonging to someone else depending on which way I go.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Damn, it must be nice having all those lovely discounts available. :)

lesliew

Standard Member
There are a couple of things I see mentioned in the list above that I haven't seen posted before.

Where those from your wish list or have they actually been confirmed.

lesliew

Standard Member

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
There are a couple of things I see mentioned in the list above that I haven't seen posted before.

Where those from your wish list or have they actually been confirmed.
The former is mentioned in the PDF attached to the OP.

The latter I asked and was confirmed via email from Emotiva. I think perhaps it is a just a given with HDMI 2.0b.

Last edited:

lesliew

Standard Member
Thanks

I understand that Auro3D will be included at no extra charge with the replacements for the D&M 7200WA & 8802A which will be out next year, so maybe Auro's licensing model may have changed and Auro will also be included with the RMC-1 at no cost.

markymiles

Distinguished Member
They take their time to get there, but once they do Emotiva do seem to produce great kit.

I'm still very happy with my XMC-1 but you always look ahead to the next upgrade. I do think this is likely to be a bit steep for me but still even at £5-6k there's not a lot of competition for it til you reach the big boys over £10k.

Hopefully the new UK dealers will get one in when it's ready so we can actually hear it before purchase which will be nice.

Given the history of Emotiva seeing this in 2017 is a tall order.

Last edited:

lesliew

Standard Member
Given the history of Emotiva seeing this in 2017 is a tall order.

Yes it would be great if Emotiva could get the jump on D&M by getting the RMC-1 out this year. The successor to the 7200 & 8802 is expected first quarter of 2018 will likely be capable of 13.2 and although nothing has been announced will likely have the same Sharc chipset as the RMC-1.

Emotiva has missed 2 deadlines to audition the RMC-1 this year, CES & Axpona, the next one is Emofest in September. If they don't show a fully functional demo unit there and officially announce a launch schedule then we can say goodbye to seeing it in 2017.

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Looking on the emotiva lounge it seems they have only recently got the Atmos/DTS:X board/code approved by analogue devices. So plenty still to do for the RMC-1 and the XMC-1 upgrades.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Looking on the emotiva lounge it seems they have only recently got the Atmos/DTS:X board/code approved by analogue devices. So plenty still to do for the RMC-1 and the XMC-1 upgrades.
UK retailers are saying XMC-1 arrival is within a few weeks (less than a month) so assuming that is the new version (can't see why they would ship the XMC-1 without it). It would seem that may not be a problem.

However I am yet to experience Emotiva's reputation for over promising, call it newbie optimism :)

markymiles

Distinguished Member
UK retailers are saying XMC-1 arrival is within a few weeks (less than a month) so assuming that is the new version (can't see why they would ship the XMC-1 without it). It would seem that may not be a problem.

However I am yet to experience Emotiva's reputation for over promising, call it newbie optimism :)

Unfortunately not, the XMC-1 will not have either of the new boards when it lands here, it will either be HDMI 1.4 or the now replaced V2 HDMI Board which will have a free upgrade to the V3 HDMI 2.0B board when it is ready. The fully fledged XMC-1 will be another $500 for the Atmos version when it's ready. You have to have the HDMI V3 board to have the Atmos Board unfortunately.

Seems it's the same board for XMC-1 and RMC-1.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I did fear that might be the case but none of the retailers I spoke to were sure. I guess that means £3000 for the updated XMC-1 is a pipe dream too. :(

I guess it makes my choice easier in a way as the 2 models I want will be available around the same time. I'm not interested in sending an XMC-1 back to be upgraded, I won't buy until it is all upgraded.

AV COM

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
Looks very tasty, I'll very likely be placing an order for one - provided we don't get shafted on price.

I struggle to see what an LS10 / AudioControl M9 has over this.
Pretty much everything so far has been able to be offered at pretty much the same as it would cost you to buy direct and pay all the associated charges. Some things have actually come in just under that, but generally we have been able to keep prices more or less like for like and that wont be any different going forward.

AV COM

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor

markymiles

Distinguished Member
I think @AngelEyes was commenting on the RMC-1 picture on the front page.

lesliew

Standard Member
During Emotiva's last podcast Dan mentioned that we may see some RMC-1's before the end of the year, I'd guess most of those would go into the hands of reviewers and Emotiva staff/ loyal supporters which probably means the rest of us wont actually get our hands on an RMC-1 until Feb-Mar 2018.

Still nice to see the picture there.

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
From what I hear it will be early next year before us mortals can get one.

mossym

Distinguished Member
Looking on the emotiva lounge it seems they have only recently got the Atmos/DTS:X board/code approved by Analog Devices (not analogue devices). So plenty still to do for the RMC-1 and the XMC-1 upgrades.

excuse my pedantic post, but given i work for them i thought i should correct that...:)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom