Emotiva Lauch Basx (Gen 2) Amps

Jester1066

Reaction score
Emotiva have launched (looks like in the US only at moment), the 2nd Generation of their Basx Amplifiers. They come in 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7 channel variants - and look to be aimed at those who need affordable external A/B amplification.

Particularly useful for those that don't have the rack/cabinet space to house the bigger range topping XPA's or even bigger Iota style multichannel amps!

I think the A3 Basx - could prove especially popular, for those looking for a small form factor, quality power amp to run the front stage in a Home Theatre setup. More details - Inc model specs - and a good review here:

Review:

Will be interesting to see if UK distributors will stock these moving forward. @AmericanAudio any thoughts on this?

Enjoy! 🙂

Yes, they are coming to the UK it is just a case of getting them here.

I asked when they were announced in the USA, and UK / EU stock hadnt left the factory but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Don't have UK pricing yet either.

Yes, they are coming to the UK it is just a case of getting them here.

I asked when they were announced in the USA, and UK / EU stock hadnt left the factory but that was a couple of weeks ago.

Don't have UK pricing yet either.
Be great if you can post any further updates in this thread moving forward 👍🏼

So, current SitRep.

Units ordered and loaded from factory onto boat and boat expected to depart on Tuesday.

With current Suez delays this is expected to land on UK soil early June. Brexit Clearance, could add another couple of weeks easily.

So that puts UK stock availability around mid to late June.

Prices expected soon and will post when we have them.

Chris, AAC.

Would it be fair to assume around a 2 month waiting time for av products not currently in stock in the UK? Looking at a couple of these for height channels & surround backs towards the end of the year.

This is very exciting. I’m hoping the UK pricing will be reasonable. Certainly, the $499 price for the A3 seems very good for what you get.
I’ve seen various YouTubers discussing these and I think it’ll be a great addition to my system to invigorate the front soundstage. :)

Hello! Any update on UK pricing yet? :)
Thanks!

Just checked in with the warehouse, pricing due to be released next week.

Will post here as soon as we have it.
Hi any update on the pricing?

STOP PRESS

BasX A2 - 2ch 160w/ch @ 8ohms - £529
BasX A3 - 3ch 140w/ch @ 8ohms - £589
BasX A4 - 4ch 100w/ch @ 8ohms - £639
BasX A5 - 5ch 95w/ch @ 8ohms - £689
BasX A7 - 7ch 90w/ch @ 8ohms - £799

Stock should arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Excellent news :) Thanks for the update.

Does Emotiva have recommended resellers in the UK? I can only see a couple online. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes
Dan

Does Emotiva have recommended resellers in the UK? I can only see a couple online. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes
Dan
@AmericanAudio are one I believe! Richersounds and Audiovisual online also sell Emotiva in the UK

Thoses prices are actually less than I thought they’d be.

The A3 would be perfect for Denon 3700/4700 owners moving up to 7.1.4. With 150W per channel with 2 channels driven and 140W with 3 channels driven the A3 would give it similar output at the front to the flagship X8500. Very nice.

Best wishes
Dan

We also stock Emotiva.

Best, Tom

When are these being released in the UK, does anybody know?

When are these being released in the UK, does anybody know?
I’ve got my A3 on order and we’re hopeful that it will be with me by next weekend.

Hiya.
Uk - I’ve ordered through American Audio. They’ve been very helpful in this thread so I spoke with them and placed the order. :)
From UK or elsewhere?

They not available to buy on there website. How did you place your order

They not available to buy on there website. How did you place your order
Just drop them a PM. A few different resellers have chipped in on this thread - I went with AA as they’ve been really helpful with dates, prices etc. :)

Sorry, They where there, but not under the Emotiva group.

They are in there now, the 2 and 5 Channel have sold out already. If we get orders over the weekend I will check availability before confirming on Monday.

Hi after the 5 channel, have been checking your website regularly but could not see them. Can you let us know when you next getting the 5 channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom