• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Emotiva gen 3 modules cost and how?

grahamricho

Established Member
i like the idea of the modules in the power amps, but how much is a single module and do you have to ship back to USA to have them fitted? Thanks

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
When I enquired a month or so ago with karma they were £300 per channel including fitting

grahamricho

Established Member
I was looking at these power amps online.

It says you can add extra modules to make extra channels and up to 11 channels.

Most use a stock photo which shows a 5 module (channel) version with two empty spaces also another photo which shows a rear view with two empty spaces where the extra modules go.

So how can they get 11 channels in one of these power amps?

grahamricho

Established Member
It seems you can buy stereo modules that fit into the space of a standard module? Whats the difference in the power of the stereo modules to the single ones ? Also i was quoted £300 for a single module, does anybody know the price for the stereo modules ?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
It seems you can buy stereo modules that fit into the space of a standard module? Whats the difference in the power of the stereo modules to the single ones ? Also i was quoted £300 for a single module, does anybody know the price for the stereo modules ?

Stereo are rated at 65w per channel I believe. I have the 11 channel version. It has 300w per channel for the LCR and 65w for the remaining.

This is more power than you will need for surround and Atmos and as a comparison, I also have a Bas-x two channel which is rated at 80w per channel, which is clearly not as powerful as the lower powered modules in the gen3. I can tell this as my gain settings on my reciever are around 6-8db higher for the same speakers on the bas-x amp.

grahamricho

Established Member
Thanks, I'm looking for a power amp to power my 4 surround and 4 atmos.
The speakers are 8 ohm and a 94db sensitivity

I have lots of power for the front 2 speakers 600 watt per channel and 140 watts for centre speaker and the side rears. Not sure what size power amp I should be looking for?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom