Emmerdale- truth will out!

Ilovewaffles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad Mandy now knows what Paul was really like. Thought the stunt was well done and the acting good . Hope Vinny tells all now.

Yeah it was a good ending to the episode, on a side note the actor who played Paul is actually one of the directors of emmerdale, he was asked if he fancied ago on the other side of the camera, although let's be honest he was great back in the day in home to roost.

Yeah it was a good ending to the episode, on a side note the actor who played Paul is actually one of the directors of emmerdale, he was asked if he fancied ago on the other side of the camera, although let's be honest he was great back in the day in home to roost.
I was reading today how is going back into directing Emmerdale.

I'm quite disappointed they've took the easy way out and killed off the character ... I would like to have seen him having to face responsibility for his actions.

Fair play to the actor though - he was vile as Paul.

I wonder if Vinny will admit to what went on, or will play it down because it's his dad and he's now dead. I did worry that Vinny was going to be the one they killed off - everyone was speculating that one of the 3 characters involved in the crash would die and I wondered if they were red herrings and it was actually going to be Vinny.

I wanted Paul to survive so he could face proper justice for his vile treatment of Vinny.

Was very disappointed they killed him off instead.

Hooray for Liv actually telling Mandy straight what Paul was like though. I worried that it was going to become a drawn-out secret.

I didn't mind the way Paul copped it. Just glad it wasn't one of the other 3 that died. It was very clever how they added Vinny to the potential death list.

I wanted Paul to survive so he could face proper justice for his vile treatment of Vinny.
That would've meant him being bundled into the boot of Cains car and then tied up in the barn to get battered. Actually, that does sound a better option.

I didn't mind the way Paul copped it. Just glad it wasn't one of the other 3 that died. It was very clever how they added Vinny to the potential death list.

That would've meant him being bundled into the boot of Cains car and then tied up in the barn to get battered. Actually, that does sound a better option.
I think Aaron would've handed out the Dingle justice and was annoyed he hasn't got the chance to - he wouldn't let someone get away with hitting Liv who I think is great so I'm glad she's ok.

Either that or a proper show down between him and Mandy would have been awesome!!

I think Aaron would've handed out the Dingle justice and was annoyed he hasn't got the chance to - he wouldn't let someone get away with hitting Liv who I think is great so I'm glad she's ok.
I really like Liv. And she has an amazing singing voice in real life.

I'm not as fussed on Aaron, though I have been enjoying Mackenzie winding him up.

I really like Liv. And she has an amazing singing voice in real life.

I'm not as fussed on Aaron, though I have been enjoying Mackenzie winding him up.
Liv's great, she's such a good little actress.

I do like the Aaron/Liv partnership and I do like Aaron but not sure whether it's for his acting skills or just that he's very easy on the eye.

The truth about Paul bullying Vinny and Liv is already coming out. It will also prove distressing and embarrassing for Jimmy having been driving the van. I have the feeling that Mackenzie had tampered with the brakes.

Am I the only one who laughed every time Mandy cried? :blush:
It was very irritating, granted.

I'm not sure what's happened with Mandy. I've been watching Classic Emmerdale in my lunch break (ah the joys of working from home) and she acts perfectly normally on that. But since her recent return she's been really bad. It's hard to describe but her acting is just really over the top and irritating. Hopefully with this storyline she can reign in some of the over-the-topness.

It was very irritating, granted.

I'm not sure what's happened with Mandy. I've been watching Classic Emmerdale in my lunch break (ah the joys of working from home) and she acts perfectly normally on that. But since her recent return she's been really bad. It's hard to describe but her acting is just really over the top and irritating. Hopefully with this storyline she can reign in some of the over-the-topness.
I only started watching 2 years ago so am not really familiar with how she was before.

Maybe it's partly because I'm so used to seeing her be really bubbly and happy.

But I just couldn't take her seriously.

I'm quite disappointed they've took the easy way out and killed off the character ... I would like to have seen him having to face responsibility for his actions.

Fair play to the actor though - he was vile as Paul.

I wonder if Vinny will admit to what went on, or will play it down because it's his dad and he's now dead. I did worry that Vinny was going to be the one they killed off - everyone was speculating that one of the 3 characters involved in the crash would die and I wondered if they were red herrings and it was actually going to be Vinny.
Vinny has suddenly become very very annoying

I hope he tells the truth soon about Paul.
I wish Paul wasn't dead so that we could see what she would have done with him when she found out the truth about him.
I hope Lydia doesn't have to pay for all the debts he run up as well.

Vinny has suddenly become very very annoying
It is frustrating that he is defending Paul so much.

I guess that's a consequence of him being physically and emotionally abused by Paul.

Denial is quite common in these circumstances though and I talk from personal experience.

I was wonder if the scrap yard had any cctv and therefore evidence of the beatings. Vinny could not deny it faced with that.

I was wonder if the scrap yard had any cctv and therefore evidence of the beatings. Vinny could not deny it faced with that.
Good suggestion.

I kept hoping Liv would have a secret recording of Paul admitting everything at the barn on her phone.

In tonight’s Emmerdale, Jai signed the contract in order to pay Laurel back the loan he had taken out in her name , which she didn’t know about at the time, and to put down a deposit down on Mulberry. When Gabby announced she was buying the house, jai wanted to pull out of the contract he signed because he was no longer buying the house. Surely he still had to honour the contract because he still owed her the money from the fraudulent loan?

In tonight’s Emmerdale, Jai signed the contract in order to pay Laurel back the loan he had taken out in her name , which she didn’t know about at the time, and to put down a deposit down on Mulberry. When Gabby announced she was buying the house, jai wanted to pull out of the contract he signed because he was no longer buying the house. Surely he still had to honour the contract because he still owed her the money from the fraudulent loan?
It's the loan company he would have owed the money to so I'm not sure why he'd have been giving it back to Laurel anyway unless he was going to give her the money but still keep up the monthly loan payments. I'm not sure how he's ended up without any money or the business though just because Gabby is buying the house unless I missed something.

Not sure the writing is up to the extra screen time. This week's storyline about Charity, Vanessa and Mac was a bit threadbare.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom