Emirates stadium experts needed...

dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
....through work we were able to get some tickets for the Brazil v Argentina friendly.

However the girl who's ordered them has got the wrong section.

I'm now in Lower Tier Block 9 (Row 11) - which from what I can tell is behind the goal. What's the view like from here..? Before I kick up a fuss...

There isn't a bad viewing spot in the ground to be honest. I went to the Villa game and sat in the very back row of the lower tier and had a very good view.

The only downside might be that where your seats are if the wind blows in the wrong direction and its raining you might get wet since the roof doesn't extend that far over the pitch.

Take your own food and drink as well: prices in the ground are exorbitant.

dolph said:
....through work we were able to get some tickets for the Brazil v Argentina friendly.

What's the view like from here..? Before I kick up a fuss...

Probably be quite good as arsenal aren't playing.:D

I was thinking of going to this game, mostly to check out the stadium but seeing the prices Arsenal or charging they can stick it: £ 35 - £90. It's a friendly with 2 foreign teams (albeit 2 of the best) - they'll never sell out with those prices so no point in going.

DJT75 said:
I was thinking of going to this game, mostly to check out the stadium but seeing the prices Arsenal or charging they can stick it: £ 35 - £90. It's a friendly with 2 foreign teams (albeit 2 of the best) - they'll never sell out with those prices so no point in going.

Only reason I was going was to see the stadium - the missus has been to most in the country but not this one yet so I thought I'd treat her. I've just wangled free tickets to the Everton game (I'm an everton fan) so doesn't bother me too much...

hunts1uk said:
Probably be quite good as arsenal aren't playing.:D

even better because no-one from Sp*rs will be there.:hiya:

Reyes tells Spanish Press he will never play for Arsenal again! :eek:

Doesn't play for Arsenal much (even when he was on the pitch), no great loss for the premiership

CFC1 said:
Reyes tells Spanish Press he will never play for Arsenal again! :eek:

What has this got to do with advice on seating at the Emirates? I'm surprised you didn't just start a new thread, you usually do.

gravygrange said:
Take your own food and drink as well: prices in the ground are exorbitant.

Is the food prepared by that chef who did the Spurs buffet? :D

miceri said:
Doesn't play for Arsenal much (even when he was on the pitch), no great loss for the premiership

He was absolutely fantastic at the start of 2 seasons ago (I think it was). Scoring and providing for fun. You can't deny that.

What was it? 18.5m? Doesn't look to be worth that at all now.

We had a Spanish RB called Barragan, meant to be an unbelievable prospect, played last season in the reserves and was very, very good. However, homesickness kicked in and we sold him back to Spain - with a clause that we could buy him back in 2 years for a knock down price. Arsenal would be wise to do the same with Reyes.

:lease:

Keep the thread on topic!

If you want to have a discussion on Reyes, do it in another thread. Do not hijack this one which was another member's plea for advice on seating at the Emirates for a completely non-Arsenal related game. Reyes doesn't even come from any of the two countries involved.

DJT75 said:

Well we couldn't have been more wrong - 59,032 there today, not bad for an all oversea's friendly at full ticket prices!!

Stadium itself is stuning - very good accoustics too and excellent seating (very comfy!!).

Security should be reviewed though, a couple of spectators got on the pitch (the first of many) and it must have been a good three to four minutes before a steward decided to move to try to tackle them.

Good also to see that once again transportation has been completely forgotten about when building a ground...

dolph said:
Good also to see that once again transportation has been completely forgotten about when building a ground...

Unless you're a cripple or obese to US proportions, I don't think you should have any problems walking the 2 minutes from Arsenal tube station to Emirates.

mickrick said:
Unless you're a cripple or obese to US proportions, I don't think you should have any problems walking the 2 minutes from Arsenal tube station to Emirates.

Indeed - my point being that Arsenal tube station is probably better suited to the levels of spectators expected at a Barnet game rather than a premiership game....

In the original plan arsenal had pledged £7.5 million pounds to upgrade holloway rd tube station but Transport for London decided not to go along with this and changed their mind. Not sure what the money was spent on sk TFL. Having said that arsenal tube has served the old stadium with originally larger crowds. Also you can use finsbury park or highbury and islington.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom