1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emergency!! I need your help.....

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dunky, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 2 month old JVC 32WFT1. This afternoon it has started going into standby of its own accord. I have to turn the tv off and then on again to bring it back to life. I see a perfect picyure for about 30 seconds and then it switches itself into standby again? Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm tearing my hair out here. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Duncan

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Whats the problem?
    Its only 2 months old so get it replaced, you certainly don't want to try fixing anything yourself.
    The longer you wait before contacting the shop you purchased from the longer you will be without a serviceable tv.

3. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This happened to my 28WFT1 after about 5 weeks. I got it replaced for a new one. Had it 5 months now and there doesn't seem to be any problems with it. Engineer said something about a power supply problem.

4. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shez, I was wondering if it was a known problem. I just hope that it won't take too long to get a replacement. I bought from Sound and Vision (I can hear you all groaning!) and just hope that I get a more helpful response than some of the posters to this forum! I'll be phoning first thing tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes: good, bad or indifferent.

Anyone have any useful advice on how to tackle S&V? At the moment I'm watching Sky on a 14" portable so obviously I want this sorted ASAP.

Cheers.

D

5. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I got mine from Currys. The engineer said the part would take about a week. I complained that the TV shouldn't be needing new parts after such a short time and told them I wanted a replacement. After some arguing I got one. If you can persuade them to replace it go for the AV28T25 which is the newer model. If they repair it, no harm done, the set is great for the price!

6. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I've made initial contact with S&V and am now waiting for their customer services dept to call me about an engineer visit. Thing is, they have already mentioned repairing the set and I am nervous about this. We are not talking a slight problem here! Where do I stand with regards to insisting on a brand new set? The benefit of people's experience would be most appreciated?