Emergencies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jerry, Oct 25, 2005.

1. jerry

jerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Has anyone got emergency cover for their plumbing and electrics, someone like Direct Line for instance who when phoned will send a sparks or a plumber to get you sorted. I very recently had a CH boiler failure and I have Brit Gas cover and although it wasn,t totally satisfactory it was sorted. Then I had a mysterious power failure to the 3 ring mains in my house and took a sparks from work home with me to get it sorted. So does anyone have either good or bad experience of paid for emergency cover?

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +534
    Only ever used British Gas cover which I have on my own house and 2 rental properties. Got more than our moneys worth from BG on one of the rental houses - they used to come out about twice a year. In the end they gave up on the boiler as it was too far gone.

3. themoid

themoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    we've had direct line home emergency cover for a couple of years, pay something like £6 per month. had a plumbing problem last month which was dealt with very quickly and efficiently, and the cover has paid for itself for the 2 years we've had it and another year on top for what it would have cost to pay the plumber ourselves

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    Had the Direct Line Home Response 24 as well and it certainly paid for itself