Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Emergencies

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jerry, Oct 25, 2005.

1. jerry

jerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Has anyone got emergency cover for their plumbing and electrics, someone like Direct Line for instance who when phoned will send a sparks or a plumber to get you sorted. I very recently had a CH boiler failure and I have Brit Gas cover and although it wasn,t totally satisfactory it was sorted. Then I had a mysterious power failure to the 3 ring mains in my house and took a sparks from work home with me to get it sorted. So does anyone have either good or bad experience of paid for emergency cover?

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Only ever used British Gas cover which I have on my own house and 2 rental properties. Got more than our moneys worth from BG on one of the rental houses - they used to come out about twice a year. In the end they gave up on the boiler as it was too far gone.

3. themoid

themoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    we've had direct line home emergency cover for a couple of years, pay something like £6 per month. had a plumbing problem last month which was dealt with very quickly and efficiently, and the cover has paid for itself for the 2 years we've had it and another year on top for what it would have cost to pay the plumber ourselves

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +882
    Had the Direct Line Home Response 24 as well and it certainly paid for itself