1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embrace - Out Of Nothing

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Floodedstatue, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    New album 'Out Of Nothing' released 13th September. Preceeded by new single 'Gravity' on the 30th August.

The new single sounds pretty good, hopefully the new album is a return to form. I want a bit more rockin from Embrace, especially after the apallingly soppy 'If You've Never Been'. I saw them at T-In-The-Park about 3/4 years ago and they were mega! More along the lines of 'The Good Will Out' will make for a good record. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to offer on their first outing on new label Independiente.

If anyone gets a promo of it, let us know what it's like :smashin:

2. Promised Land

Promised Land
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen them twice in concert and they're a fantastic live band.However;I'm not going to hold my breath for an up tempo album.I'd love to see(hear)it,but I've a bad suspicion it's not going to happen.Ever since the first album,they've been too conscious of the Oasis comparisons and been trying too hard to sound different.I tried listening to "If You've Never Been" recently,for the first time in ages and just couldn't get all the way through it.If this new album doesn't pick up the pace,then I'm afraid that's it as far as me buying Embrace albums is concerned.

3. brotherbear

brotherbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the album...and it's bloody fantastic. Not instantly stunning. The first few times I listened I thought it was a let down. The more you listen though, the better it gets. Some songs which I thought were weak are starting to come on strong now. Going to see them tomorrow, next wednesday and 3rd october.

Great.

4. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I saw a secret gig by them in the middle of Leicester Square yesterday. Very cool. I'm going to see them on the 22nd of November in Hammersmith Palais.

5. Promised Land

Promised Land
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After listening to the "samples" on their website,I have to say,my suspicions were wrong!This is exactly what I've been waiting to hear from these guys and I'll definitely be buying the Album.A complete return to form;big swelling melodies and anthemic choruses :smashin:

6. monsieurblack

monsieurblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hi
    i have to say...i love it :smashin: i really like their current single [second track on album] and the first track ashes is superb...overall a really nice album.
    there is some great music out there atm :thumbsup: