1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emailng pics

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by theadviser, Jan 27, 2003.

1. theadviser

theadviser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Fairly new to digital cameras and want to attach more than one pic at a time to my e-mail. I have 15 pics I want to send which I have re-sized to 640x480 on my camera. Hotmail says I can attach max file size of 1024k. Each pic is about 150-190k in size. Can I save say 5 pics in a folder and attach this? In other words what is the quickest/best way of sending pics via e-mail without using any software?

2. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    easiest is just to go into the directory and multiselect the files. (Hold down shift key and click on the range you want) If you dont want contiguous files then use CNTL and click to select the ones you do want.
    Hotmail is strict on not letting you exceed the 1024 limit
    Cheers
    D

3. theadviser

theadviser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Dave, I have tried doing what you suggest, however, the attachments look good in hotmail (all jpg files visible). When I click on send, it says 'attachment upload progress', then an error occurs. If I go into hotmail first ( compose then attach, it takes me to the directory where my jpgs are. I can only select one of these at once. I have put 5 pics in a zip file and I am trying to attach this, this also does not work. The status bar goes all th eway across then nothing happens. The only method that seems to work is going into hotmail first, clicking on attach and select each jpg individually. I know what I'll be doing for the next hour!! Is there a quicker way?

oh.... I've just managed to select more than one jpg at once to attach. I don't know why I couldn't before. I might have cracked it!!!

No I haven't.....!! any suggestions

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    try using a client mail package for your email such as outlook express. Easier to attach!!!

5. theadviser

theadviser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks nunew 33, trying outlook as we speak. First attempt failed, I think I exceeded file limit. Any idea on what this limit is?
    Just sent 5 pics to my hotmail account. Why is the file size bigger once it has been received? I hadn't realised MSN want you to upgrade to bigger storage etc (for an additional fee of course!!)

6. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Have you thought about using one of the free online photo sharing services (MSN Photos, Fotango, Jessops etc etc) this way you just need to email a link to the people who want to view the pictures and you wont have the same size limitations.

7. theadviser

theadviser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look into this in more detail. Not sure its' ethical for a Lancashire lad to look at a website from Yorkshire though!!

8. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Well it might give you something to aspire to ;)

9. minicooper69

minicooper69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.photo.net is another great place for sharing your photos, and haveing a look at what everyone else is doing with their lenses:D