Email to freeview wrt ongoing film4 problems

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by ajay_m, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajay_m

ajay_m
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As many people have reported, some channels (film4 and E4+1 in particular) are not currently receivable on some models of PVR due to tinkering with widescreen flagging (at least, this is the theory)

This is the email I sent to Freeview and their reply. Regrettably it seems that no-one seems to feel any sense of urgency in dealing with the issue. If anyone knows a contact at Arqiva to whom I can complain, it might be worth posting the details here.

Original email:

Along with a substantial number of other people, I am no longer able to view film4 because my Digifusion FVRT200 PVR now displays a horizontal flickering colour band on that channel, unless I switch the mode to widescreen 16:9. This is useless because I have a 4:3 TV and is clearly a problem with the Film4 widescreen flagging. The problem has occurred on ITV2+1 and E4+1 recently but has now been corrected on these channels; however, film4 has been unwatchable now for over 2 weeks.
    A number of people have attempted to pursue this issue, including with Arqiva, but without success. This is not an acceptable situation and requires prompt resolution. Please note that this is not an issue with my PVR, or my aerial, and that a large number of other people have experienced similar problems and with differing brands of PVRs and set top boxes. This is a problem with the signal specifically being transmitted by Film4.

Reply:

This problem has been recognised and the various parties involved are aware. As you rightly say Arqiva are both the licence holder of the relevant multiplex and are also responsible for the transmission.

At this stage, we have no information on how long it will take for resolution.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us by either calling us directly on 08708 809 980 seven days a week from 8.00am to 10.00pm, or again by email to [email protected]

2. Phorteous

Phorteous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Please be careful what you say to Freeview, these channels may have been corrrected for you but not for me and many others with different equipment/setups. Also please try to post in the main thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/922431-aspect-ratio-problems-mux-c-d-channels.html

rather than starting a new thread. This is counter productive. The last thing we need is to have to refer parties who might have influence to several different threads on the same subject.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,311
    Yes, please continue discussion in the other thread. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.