Email & sms notifications on iPhone X

psychopomp1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm probably being a bit thick there, but on my iPhone X when i get Outlook app email notifications, i just get 'Outlook: notification' displayed instead of the actual message (or part message). Same thing when receiving a sms, i just get 'text message' displayed instead of the actual message on the notification screen. Any idea on how to change this? It doesn't happen on my iphone SE or iphone 6.

I'm probably being a bit thick there, but on my iPhone X when i get Outlook app email notifications, i just get 'Outlook: notification' displayed instead of the actual message (or part message). Same thing when receiving a sms, i just get 'text message' displayed instead of the actual message on the notification screen. Any idea on how to change this? It doesn't happen on my iphone SE or iphone 6.

I think it’s contextual notifications. They will expand if you look at them -faceid due to extra security.

Only the iPhone X does this.

IMG_0570.jpg

Thanks HSC, selecting Notifications>Show previews>Always gives me the full/partial message in notifications which I prefer and am used to. But its good to know I can disable this for privacy/security.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom