Email Program

kejaha

Standard Member
I used to use OE for my emails which I really liked. Now with Windows7 its WLM, which I do not like. Tried Thunderbird but didnt like it either. Last night I downloaded Incredimail which is almost as easy as OE. Is it worth paying for the full version? Cheers

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
I have to say that I liked it so much that I decided to pay for the full version to get rid of the adverts and to have access to their support if needed, and haven't regretted it. :)

Cheers,

Martin.

kejaha

Standard Member
I have to say that I liked it so much that I decided to pay for the full version to get rid of the adverts and to have access to their support if needed, and haven't regretted it. :)

Cheers,

Martin.
thanks Martin, did you just buy the program or any of the add ons too?

edit. How long have you used it? and have you had many problems? Cheers

Last edited:

kejaha

Standard Member
As promised a little feedback. Like the program a lot but problem is I cannot get the backup to work. I have email support and a tech arranged an online chat but before we could chat I had to grant him access remotely to my pc. No way!!! So I have asked them to help me via email which they havent yet answered in 24 hours.

Slightly regretting buying now because of the support, or lack of. Problem is there is no way to convert the emails back to other formats. Doh!!

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
As promised a little feedback. Like the program a lot but problem is I cannot get the backup to work. I have email support and a tech arranged an online chat but before we could chat I had to grant him access remotely to my pc. No way!!! So I have asked them to help me via email which they havent yet answered in 24 hours.

Slightly regretting buying now because of the support, or lack of. Problem is there is no way to convert the emails back to other formats. Doh!!
Sorry to hear that you're not 100% happy. I must say I don't back up my emails as I don't really need to. All I do is have a "Saved" folder and move emails which I want to keep into that. Another thing that I like is the ability to set up Message Rules, which allows me to direct incoming emails automatically into different folders.

As to giving their support people access to your PC, I wouldn't worry about that, as you'll be watching on and could stop them doing anything you're unhappy about.

Season's Greetings,

Martin.

Matt_C

That doesn't make any sense? You had a tech, online and ready to give you full support, but you declined it, and then say you're unhappy with the lack of support?

kejaha

Standard Member
That doesn't make any sense? You had a tech, online and ready to give you full support, but you declined it, and then say you're unhappy with the lack of support?

I was unhappy giving someone full access to my pc to solve something that could be done, I am sure, with simple communication

kejaha

Standard Member
Sorry to hear that you're not 100% happy. I must say I don't back up my emails as I don't really need to. All I do is have a "Saved" folder and move emails which I want to keep into that. Another thing that I like is the ability to set up Message Rules, which allows me to direct incoming emails automatically into different folders.

As to giving their support people access to your PC, I wouldn't worry about that, as you'll be watching on and could stop them doing anything you're unhappy about.

Season's Greetings,

Martin.
Perhaps you are correct, I am a bit old school in that way, I felt like he wanted to come and have a look around my house. And if as you say I would be watching them perhaps I was being a bit over the top. Cheers

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Perhaps you are correct, I am a bit old school in that way, I felt like he wanted to come and have a look around my house. And if as you say I would be watching them perhaps I was being a bit over the top. Cheers
You would definitely be watching so, if I were you, I would contact them and make the necessary arrangement to get things moving.

Season's Greetings,

Martin.

mattclarkie

Novice Member
No company should make support dependent on remotely connecting to your PC, and I would refuse to let them do it out of principle.

I haven't used the program (I use Outlook), but can you not leave your emails on the Server? That way there is no need to perform back-ups because all your Emails remain on the Server of your email provider which would have a much more robust back-up system than you could have.

alasrati

Novice Member
No company should make support dependent on remotely connecting to your PC, and I would refuse to let them do it out of principle.

I haven't used the program (I use Outlook), but can you not leave your emails on the Server? That way there is no need to perform back-ups because all your Emails remain on the Server of your email provider which would have a much more robust back-up system than you could have.
You should always still back them up yourself. If your account gets hacked someone could delete emails. If you get into a financial dispute with the provider they may prevent access. You yourself may accidentally delete an email from the server.

What they are providing is uptime not a true back-up.

kejaha

Standard Member
On the basis that they insisted to fix my problem they definitely needed remote access to my pc and the fact that they wouldnt help sort it by email or phone or even messaging, I asked for a refund.

Thanks everyone for your advice

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom