• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Email in Windows7?

weyland-yutani

what email client do you guys use for windows 7? i want to upgrade to 7 but it has no outlook express, which i'm using at the moment. i dislike using web based email as i have to constantly type passwords etc. :thumbsdow

thanks.:)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Windows 7 version of the old applications is called Windows Live Essentials and can be downloaded from microsoft's website here.

As to alternatives, I like Pegasus mail myself as it does loads of neat technical stuff, the retro interface won't be to everyone's taste though.

You could also look into changing web browsers, either to one that remembers passwords or one with a built in e-mail client (for example, Opera, which has both features).

Or if you just want something plain like outlook express/windows live mail then I believe Thunderbird is pretty popular.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Use Windows Mail. Looks and feels like OE!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom