Email from my bank stolen card?

No, the one I'm meaning is when they actually gather enough information to pretend to be you via phishing methods and then call your bank to get money at the source. Doesn't work as the banks are wise to it, but shows how much you need to safeguard information you may not feel is that precious, ie pets names mothers maiden name etc

No, the one I'm meaning is when they actually gather enough information to pretend to be you via phishing methods and then call your bank to get money at the source. Doesn't work as the banks are wise to it, but shows how much you need to safeguard information you may not feel is that precious, ie pets names mothers maiden name etc

Quite a hard scam to pull off I'd imagine as they would still be guessing at passwords, I struggle to remember my own most of the time :)

Should be pretty safe as I can't remember most of it.

My favorite is when they ask for my 'memorable word - must have at least one upper case letter and one number' eh?

A number of banks are now sending SMS/Email notifications when significant events occur on an account.

Looking at the email headers you have attached I believe that to be a genuine email based on the fact it appears to originate from [email protected] (i appreciate that it may be spoofed)

I would recommend giving them a call to ensure all is in order, it isn't unknown for fraudsters to call call centres and order new cards without the account holders knowledge.

Not sure if you already andwered this but do the bank have your email address? Do you usually get correspondence from them like statements etc?
If not then they obviously won't email you.

I have 2 email accounts, one that I use for signing up to websites and other junk and I don't use my name in its address, and the other I use just for purchases and anything to do with money/bank accounts, online purchases, etc. I also spell my name incorrectly in the address (Mathew instead of Matthew), so I know if an email has 'Dear Mathew' it's probably fake.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom