Email from currys saying my order has been put through to dispatch team..

Killswitch 73

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi

just had an email from currys ..for my 3 copys...isnt this a bit early for it to be deliverd..?

this is the email ..

Order Processing

Dear Mr Williams,

This is to confirm that we are starting to process your order. When we are
able to confirm your order we will send you a third email, which will also
confirm dispatch of the goods.

For reference your order number is C*********.

If you have any queries regarding your order or your account in general,
please email us at [email protected] or call us on 0844 561 1234.

Please note that receipts may be posted separately from goods.

Please quote your order number in all correspondence.

Thank you for placing your order with Currys Web Sales.

i then looked at my account on currys and indeed the order has moved to the despatch team....

WEIRD ...!!

Doesn't mean anything really.

Once you get the 3rd email, *then* the item is due to be delivered. All this email means is that basically your order has moved from pre-order status, to 'actual' order.

At least I think that's what it means :)

No change on mine from PCW still says awaiting release date,but didn't expect any different.

Currys probably have stock already have just started to label it up ready for posting next week, im guessing this is just an automated message tied into this process

Perhaps they want to avoid the postal strike next week which just happens on the day the OS comes out.

No change on mine from PCW still says awaiting release date,but didn't expect any different.
I've had the same email from PCW that the OP has had from Currys.

i had another email form dixons also last night....as i orderd 3 copies from both currys and dixons ..i have also orderd 6 copys from amazon but no email from them yet...

i do belive we will get them early as nwgarratt says about postal strike next thursday and being microsoft they will want every1 to get them on time ..

no difference to me as im only using 2 copys of the 12 i have orderd ...selling the rest in jan to family and friends..for a tiny profit..

22nd Oct. Though the RTM version has been available for download off the net for weeks, so it could have been installed ages ago and 'rearmed' until your order is dispatched. I've been running win7 for about the last 6 weeks or so.

i had another email form dixons also last night....as i orderd 3 copies from both currys and dixons ..i have also orderd 6 copys from amazon but no email from them yet...

i do belive we will get them early as nwgarratt says about postal strike next thursday and being microsoft they will want every1 to get them on time ..

no difference to me as im only using 2 copys of the 12 i have orderd ...selling the rest in jan to family and friends..for a tiny profit..

You're making a profit off your family.

:eek:

I ordered mine from Amazon so hopefully they will have contigency. I heard conflicting reports that RM lost Amazon as a customer and some say they havent.

You're making a profit off your family.

:eek:

hahaha ...well i have to make a living some how lol ..not alot more than what they would be paying now as its like £70 now i think and it goes upto £150 in jan ..i also build pc's so will go with the builds..wish i orderd more copys....:eek:

i had another email form dixons also last night....as i orderd 3 copies from both currys and dixons

I have pre-ordered Win 7 Pro from Dixons, no emails :(

Got an email from PCW last night saying mine has been booked for delivery.

However a note also saying that if it's Windows 7 it will not leave their warehouse no earlier than the 21st and will then take 5-7 days for delivery!

The following items have been booked for delivery to your chosen address.

Quantity Code Description
1 818746 MICROSOFT WIN7 HOME PREORDR

PLEASE NOTE: If you have pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 this will not
leave our warehouse any earlier than Wednesday 21st October (the day before
the official launch date). You should expect delivery to be 5-7 days after
this date.

It still waiting until 22nd October cos Microsoft supply plenty of boxes with label on it which say " Do not open until 22nd October" so it have to wait until it release date - it wont let ship out before 22nd October. all Online store need more stock to be ready to pack and ship out in time for release date - Ive ordered for Win 7 HP at Amazon and showed delivery date is 22nd Oct. You have to wait until next week until it release date, it cannot release before release date without tell Microsoft first.

I might be looking at a copy of Windows 7 home premium that had been pre-ordered and arrived yesterday from curry's, with a reported $5000 fine for any retailer that sells a copy early, and with the exchange rate that tech companies seem to so often find a £5000 fine

My Amazon order is now dispatching soon.:thumbsup:

Got 6 copys from dixons and currys 3 copys from each all deliverd 10 mins ago from DHL...they was also tracked online ...

now im waitng for the 6 copys i had orderd from amazon ..and no move on delivery as yet from them..

My Amazon order has been dispatched now using Home Delivery Network.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom