Email address of Toshiba support

Viking61

Does anyone have the email address of Toshiba support? I need the v22 firmware for the Toshiba BDX1250 as a downloadable file, but it seems like it is only available as online upgrade for the player. So I want to write them an email asking for a download link or sent on a CD.

If anyone has been in contact with Toshiba support, then I would very much like to get the email address you used.

Edit
Sorry, I didn't meant to put this thread under 'Blu-ray and DVD Player Multiregion Hacks'. If any of the moderators can transfer it directly under 'Blu-ray and DVD players', I would appreciate that.

Last edited:

Viking61

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. Just too bad I don't live in the UK. Is it possible for one of you guys who live in the UK to mail them and ask if you can get the v22 firmware for the Toshiba BDX1250KB on a download link or on a CD?

Viking61

Thanks for giving it a try .. :smashin:

Sparky1pq

Sorry silly question but if V22 is available via network download why can't you upgrade that way?

Viking61

Sorry silly question but if V22 is available via network download why can't you upgrade that way?

I forced the player to upgrade with the BDX1200 regionfree firmware, but that didn't work so well. So now the player won't start properly. I know how to force it to do the BDX1250 V22 upgrade, but I need the firmware file on a USB stick.

Last edited:

Viking61

That's great. I wonder if it was Badger's email that made them put it out there. Because I notice that it's only the 1250KB that is listed there, not the 1250KE. Anyway, I am helped. :)

Viking61

Just want to thank Badger0-0 for emailing Toshiba for me, and Sparky1pq for making me aware that the Toshiba download site had been updated with the BDX1250 firmware. The player is unbricked now. :)

I do believe that it was Badger's email that made Toshiba support put the firmware file for download, because it was not there 2 days ago. So thanks again for that. :smashin:

I also have to thank one other AVforum member who showed me the way to log onto the player to force a firmware upgrade. You know who you are. :cool:

Badger0-0

Just got in and found Toshiba had sent me the following mail;

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

The current firmware, V22 can be download via www.toshiba-om.net.

To install the new firmware you will require the following:

USB Memory Stick

The new firmware can be downloaded by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:

http://www.dl.toshiba.com/DLY/eula....r/NA/GB/EN/BDX1250KB.html&f=BDX1250KB_V22.EXE

Instructions on how to download the firmware can be found here:

http://fget.dl.toshiba.com/manual/p...BDX1250KB.html&f=procedure_of_downloading.pdf

Instructions on how to prepare and install the firmware can be found here:

http://fget.dl.toshiba.com/manual/i...BDX1250KB.html&f=Installation_Instruction.pdf

To view the instructions you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you haven't already got Adobe Acrobat Reader you can get the latest version HERE for free.

If you have any problems whatsoever downloading the firmware or installing it then please contact us with your full name and address details and we will arrange to send you the new firmware on a USB memory stick.
If you require any further assistance please contact us on 0844 856 0730 (UK) or 01246 7780 (IE), Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.

Regards,

Toshiba

Connect with Toshiba: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / Toshiba Life

Good work Toshiba, even offering to send it on a USB stick! :thumbsup:
Excellent support.

And glad you're sorted Viking :smashin:

Viking61

I agree that Toshiba has excellent support. I remember in the days after the blu-ray / HD DVD war ended, they even swapped bricked players with new ones for free.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom