1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

elton john - dream ticket

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by juniper, Jan 4, 2005.

1. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    For Elton fans, would thoroughly recommend the above. Four discs, the first concert (which is "One Night Only") is excellent, but is surpassed (IMHO) certainly in terms of sound quality by the second and third discs. The second, recorded with full orchestra is outstanding, and the recording in particular of Philadelphia Freedom has tremendously enveloping sound :thumbsup: . The third, recorded at The Ephesus amphitheatre in Turkey is again outstanding for music quality - in my opinion (again :) ) it's the best I've heard Elton perform - his rendition of Rocket Man is wonderful.

For those deliberating, I'd say go for it :smashin:

2. ibrox50

ibrox50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    totally with you on that , im a huge elton fan so it was a buzz to get some fresh stuff on dvd , the ephesus gig was imense he really enjoyed that concert and his piano sounded so different.the four decades was interesting and being a fan i already have 2 versions of msg. i find it strange that elton has done 1000s of gigs and tv stuff and yet has very little on dvd :confused: anyway glad to hear someone else enjoyed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. Tommy139

Tommy139

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Talking of Elton John.....

Off to see him perform live in June at the Reebok Stadium !!!

Only managed to get front row seats for this one as well. :thumbsup: