1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Symphony 8.3 - would appreciate comments from owners

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by FrodoBagins, Dec 9, 2004.

1. FrodoBagins

FrodoBagins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

This is my first post here and I must say I'm impressed with the ammount of information posted arround here! However I did not find anything about these speakers, sou if you :lease: ...

I'm looking at upgrading from creative T7700 surround speakers (which for movies alone are very good, I must add!!! but for music they just don't hold... :( ) but I'm on a limited budget and would like to get something cheap but that still has a very good sound, either for movies or for stereo music (more or less all kinds of music). I saw some (very few...) reviews on the net but were mostly about the Eltax Symphony 8.2. I looked at the new 8.3s and to me they are very pretty and specifications seem very good. However, I know nothing about the sound they pump out. If you guys own these or others from the same model (10.3s, 2.3s or center speaker) can you please post your opinions? I think I will have to buy these from some internet store, so hearing them myself will be hard. They can be found very cheap in Germany in maple finish (110€ per pair + 25€ shipping to europe!!! :D ) and I'm sure that even IF I find them Portugal they will be a ripp off because they are good looking and there is always the everyday sucker that ignores the existence of internet sales... :devil:

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers,

Paulo P.

2. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi, I had the older and lower model - the Symphony 6.2...I was happy with them but got the upgrade bug, they were nice and bassy - good for the price, but the Kefs I have now do have much, much more clarity and a better soundstage...but you pays your money...!

3. FrodoBagins

FrodoBagins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the reply Mr Cat!

But... is there really no one that owns these or some from the same series, ie, Symphony .3? Are they that bad that no one will buy them :confused:

I cannot afford to spend a lot on speakers and I was thinking of the Sony STR DB-790 for receiver as a cheap but still decent equipment. I also thought about the Wharfedale Diamond 8 but I never found them on any store that would ship them abroad (to Portugal) and they are also much more expensive :( (I like the 8.4s ).

If anyone has had experience with these :lease:

Greets,

Paulo P.