Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

eltax sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Mr Cat, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Folks,
    I've got an eltax a6 sub, and can possibly purchase the a12 remote for 50 notes...(rec price of 250, but commonly sells for 165 new...) any thoughts on this sub, I know it will be some improvement over my existing one...I just wondered if anyone knew of it..?

cheers

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    I had the A6 coupled with a yammy ax620 amp a few years back. It was bought as an afterthought and looking back wasn't up to the job to be honest. It wasn't a subwoofer as such more of a boom box with lots of distortion and the like. I can imagine that anything will be an improvement over it even another eltax if you must.
    For £50 it sounds as though it's a steal but I'd have a listen to it to make sure it is a worthy upgrade and not more of the same but with a bigger driver.

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah, cheers hawklord - I'm not really in the market for a new sub (finances, really!), but for 50 notes, I don't think I can go that far wrong...!

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Save your pennies Babble.

My speakers are exact same as yours. I toyed with buying a cheap Eltax sub and asked the opinions of this here forum. I know its only £50 but think... thats 15% of the way to a proper sub like a Velodyne CHT10, or maybe even something 2nd hand that's better still.

My budget went up and up as people talked about REL Quakes and 150, Velodyne CHT 10s, Mission MS5 and others. I was going to go for a Servo 15 from Richer Sounds. Till I found a 2nd hand one at £300 in the classifieds here.

It may be tempting but to be honest I think it would be false economy to get another cheap sub. Once you've experienced real bass you won't turn back. If you're not sure ask if anyone can give you a demo of a proper sub. I promise you won't have these impure thoughts again ;)

Besides the Eltax fronts are pretty beefy anyway.

Cheers

Chris L

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Army Bloke would love to give Mr Cat / Babble a demo :D

6. Mr Cat

Mr Cat