1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MysteryMan, Feb 24, 2003.

1. MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Has anyone any experience/opinions on Eltax speakers.

In particular, I am interested in the smaller bookshelf type ones.

2. DanAshmoreUK

DanAshmoreUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey there mate
    I have the Eltax Liberty 5.0 speaker package (£150 what a bargain!) which consists of two floorstanding, a centre and two bipoluar rears and so far ive had no problems with them, i think there Great speakers especially for the prices:D
    Heres the link if you wanna check out the Eltax Liberty
    Also i bought there 250watt 12R Subwoofer (£199) and OMFG! what a beast it is, i was Very impressed!!!
    Oh yeah they all look very nice too, in the beech colour
    ---Ashmore---

3. ajbm325ic

ajbm325ic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same Liberty 5 setup speakers including Eltax sub 8 with a Yamaha DSPAX620.
    These speakers are superb for £250 which I paid never mind the new £150 at richersounds online.

A very good bookshelf would be the Eltax Monitor 3s which i have on my hifi.
    I also have LIberty 5's seperately on a hifi and they just get better.
    As previously stated - great lookers in beech too!

4. Lippy

Lippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a set of Eltax Evolution speakers. The left and rightfloorstanders have built in subs (they are called "powertowers") at Richer they are about £400 however I purchased them in a package deal, advertised in WhatHifi, including an Amp for £250.

This is my first HC setup, and I havent heard much of anyone elses setups however I have been blown away from the LFE from films such as Ronin, LOTR, Apocalyspe Now, Die Hard etc. The quality from the centre and the two rears are equally excellent, providing subtleties aswell as knee jerk response!!

They look the business aswell with a beech finish.

I realise they arent the sat you were interested in, however if you can get a similar deal from Richer then I would highly recommend them.

Hope this helps

Lippy