Eltax Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ramit, Aug 22, 2002.

1. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    All,
    I have jsut bought the Pioneer VSXD510 Amp with DTS and DD, and am looking for some speakers to go with it.

I am currently looking at the Eltax range in Richer Sounds
    i.e Eltax Starlight £100, Eltax Hollywood £150, Eltax Silverado £108, or Gale Moviestar £120

Could anyone recommend which of these are any good, or any other alternatives.

Does anyone know where I could get any reviews of these speakers???

Thanks for your help!

2. StJonno

StJonno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The standard advice would be, go and listen to them (if your local Richer Sounds has demo facilities for home cinema). IMO Eltax speaker sets offer good value for a first set of speakers, my first set were Eltax and i thought they sounded great for the money

3. 117

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi m8,
    I have just brought the same receiver for my second system, and faced the same problem as you. Regarding a speaker set definetly try the eltax symphony 4.2se bookshelf speakers for front and rear (£49 per pair on special offer), as they have a surprising amount of bass for their size, v.effective for home cinema! I was sceptical about eltax at first, but they seem to produce good speakers for a budget price and it would be wise to try an eltax centre to partner the 4.2's, a good starter for some speaker cable would be the Gale xl189 @ 99p again from richers.

4. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been impressed by the Eltax speakers I've used, and so have the reviewers. www.eltax.com has links to reviews.

5. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could get the Eltax millenium moviebox set from Richer Sounds, Its £199 in store and thats supposed to be the offer price but if you get it before 29 Aug and say you saw the AD in What Hifi Sept edtion and qoute the price £69.95, then thats the price you will pay. Its a great 5 speaker package and includes the HT2 biopolar rears, just make sure you ask if they have it in stock before you qoute the price, I've heard rumours that it was a bit of a cockup and they may say its not in stock if you push the price first.

6. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that!

7. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    So you are saying the whole pack (all four speakers!!) which are 199.99 were selling at just 69.99!!!!!!

Thats a very cheap price!!!! Are you sure?

8. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ramit, its even better than that it's all 5 speakers at £69.95.

Two rebadged HT-2's, a Millenium centre and two Millenium 100 fronts.

It's no cock up, they've had it in for two months now, when I rang to order mine I said "I'd like a Millenium moviebox speaker package at £69.95 from this months what hi-fi"
    The reply being "Certainly sir, would you like any speaker cable with that."
    I did wonder when I first saw it if it was a mistake tho, so I emailed to check

I would however suggest going in to one of the stores to pick it up, its a heavy package so shipping was £15.

9. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    On the Richer Sounds webste, it says that the eltax millenium moviebox contains the millenium minis, millenium 200 and the millenium centre.

It does not mention the bipolar rears or the millenium 100's. Have they made a mistyake or are they not doing this package any more?

10. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not the same package has on the web site so forget that. It is the millenium moviebox has advertised in the mag and contains 2 Eltax millenium 100's for front, 1 millenium centre and 2 millenium bipolar rears (the rears are rebadged HT-2s).

So go and buy it before you miss out, oh and you even get some speaker cable in the box, not the best I know but a slight step up from the normal rubbish cable that gets bundled.

;)

11. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  12. ramit

ramit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks a lot for this guys, its really helpful. Ideally I would like some floorstanding front speakers, but at this price, you can't really complain!!!!