1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eltax Quality

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by abz_da_man, Jan 11, 2005.

1. abz_da_man

abz_da_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Was wondering if anyone could help me, seen some cheap Eltax speakers, Whats their quality like?? How are they rated as abrand?? Like sony?? Or like LG??

Thanks

2. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    without knowing which speakers you are talking about i can't be specific, but IMO eltax speakers offer very good performance per pound and are very good value for money.

I have some liberty three's which are a bit old now, but for £80 new when i bought them a few years ago, I don't reckon there is anything to touch them at that price. Quite a few forumites have the HT2BP bipolar speakers and seem pleased with them. pound for pound I don't think you can go far wrong with eltax really.

3. abz_da_man

abz_da_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate! il be heading off to richer sounds for some then as they have some very cheap ones in their clearence line.

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Be careful which ones they are, Eltax speakers vary in quality by quite some margin.

I used to have some Eltax Symphony 6's, and they weren't bad at all for the money, and those bi polars mentioned above are one of the best on the market, but, their subwoofers are useless. I used to own an Eltax Sub 10, and thought it was the bee's knees initially, then heard a proper subwoofer and couldn't look at the little Eltax the same again.

They are good, but only at their price point, and even then it is quite hit and miss.

Avoid their electronics gear like the plague though, their amplifiers and dvd players are dire, wouldnt be too bad for a bedroom system, but not for the flagship system of ones home.

The Liberty range has a good rep, and so do the Symphonys, anything else, I'd be a tad sceptical.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    They can also be tweaked as well:D Something you might not want ot do to much with your expensive spekaers:eek: The bi polars are great especially for the money but they are now almost sold out of stock so its off to fleabay if you want a pair.

6. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    The Linear Response range are very good in my experience.

7. abz_da_man

abz_da_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers people, im only looking for summat cheapish, not a serious dvd system etc,so i think the cheap speakers will suffice, just wanted to know that they werent the
    9,000 W speakers you can buy for a fiver from the likes of the dodgy computer fairs.

8. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Ahh yes, knew I'd forgot one :D

For a starter system, I guess the Eltaxs will be great, and for the money they are sold at, one can't really complain.