Eltax Nova - What's the catch?

D

derby_red

Hello newbie here. Been reading a lot about the Eltax Nova all in one and it sounds too good to be true.

I'm looking for a surround sound system for about £200 (nothing too ambitious obviously) and this sounds just the job for DVD and CD.

So what's the catch people?

I haven't found a catch yet

As the price had come down by £30 since I bought it last week, the nice chaps at Richer Sounds refunded the difference

Good customer service as usual

the 50w speakers are 8w RMS and the sub is about 20w RMS i think acording to my mate who seems to know what he was talking about. But the system does lookg good and i might be getting it still but im still debating between that and the lg model.

Yess!!! I also got a refund of £30.00 from Richer Sounds as I bought it @ 149.95.
I've sent sum business their way as they were so good.

Now then the Eltax-There is no catch, at last we see a product thats gobsmackingly excellent in all aspects and delivers fantastic sound with both audio cd's and 5.1 dvd's without a catch(if only all products were this simple and to the point!!.).

Just watched star wars episode 1 on it and it blew me away,its playing every disc I have including recorded ones that my £400.00 Pioneer would'nt!!

You cant go wrong with this model and its solid build as well, not some cheapo tacky plasticky thing you get from China with an obscure name.

Take a chance and treat yourself,theres a few of us who did and we've never regretted it.!!!

Just started watching the Lord of the Rings again, and it has given a new lease of life to them (not that they needed it anyway)

The surround sound is nothing short of stunning

Terminator 3 is on the menu tonight (DTS version) and then possibly Finding Nemo again

Can't praise this model enough at the moment

Old thread, but I used to use eltax full sized speakers with a sony amp, floorstanders etc.

They always performed admirably. I decided to sell them a couple weeks ago when I fell in love with the Pioneer DC313 system at john lewis for 230 quid.. :p

Originally posted by Skeeter
the 50w speakers are 8w RMS and the sub is about 20w RMS i think acording to my mate who seems to know what he was talking about. But the system does lookg good and i might be getting it still but im still debating between that and the lg model.

i am confused now, why are the speakers rated at 8w rms, when they are quoted as 50, i dont get it.

I dont think that info by Skeeter is true - and he only got it from a 3rd party.

I have the Nova and can assure you that all you need to do is audition one yourself, I personally dont pay much regard to figures as the ultimate proof is what my ears hear.

And boy does it sound good.Friends and neighbors still dont believe the price and have been bowled over by it - Shame they paid twice if not 3 times as much for other systems they bought before me.

Its a great piece of kit and can get very loud !!!!!

I agree with Akarit1

Skeeter was adamant the Nova speakers were only 8w, and who am I to argue, even though the spec is 50w

I can assure you they are loud enough and my volume control rarely gets to halfway without the wardrobe doors rumbling (yes it is in my bedroom)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom