1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eltax nova is it better than pioneer??nude pic if you answer me..lol

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by susan26uk2003, May 31, 2004.

1. susan26uk2003

susan26uk2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys..my pioneer was broke so as i aid they offered me a 515 instead..but i idnt want it so i got cash back as comet had no more in stock..went to richer sounds to get 313 and i noticed eltax nova for £99....so thought i ould try it on 14 day trial before buying pioneer..ok you guys in the know..is the eltax as good as pioneer..i have noticed the eltax has better surround sound while watching dvds...i dont think the main speakers are quite as good..i dont know if its cause my 313 was faulty...or if the eltax is giving proper surround but theres a big noticable diffrent in surroubnd..could the eltax realy be better for this??????or is it false surround..ie taking some volume from main speakers...i noticed while watchin in pro logic 2 movies from tv are more surround also...so my question is this...what would you guys do...the pioneer is £221..and bnova only £99..but i need a system that will last and play good quality for music cds...please please answer if you know alittle about systems as im now completely unsure...i dont mind paying up to 221 if it is a far better sytem that will last...info really appreaciaTED GUYS...a woman in distress here...im sure our sick of answetring but go on...pretty please..lol

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    get a demo of both and see what you think, also see my other reply to your other post. (still waiting for photo:p)

3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Firstly, regarding 'more surround', it is unlikely that things will be lacking with the Pioneer or a similar alternative. There is the more likely possibility of system setup and the material viewed affecting your appraisal. Pro-Logic II is good - but it can't drag something from nothing! Well, it can; but... :laugh:

As for the previous Pioneer, I'd say that you were just unlucky and that, as I think I've said before, you should be happy with any of your choices within that price bracket (Pioneer or otherwise). In terms of the Eltax and as I think was said in that reply a couple of days ago, whilst it may be good, it's fitting a lot of hardware into a small price - and one that is very low. Looking at the price gap, it is hard to consider the two systems as being within the same 'range'. It may well be that you are 'paying for a name' (and design) with other systems, but that's a hefty price difference...

If it helps, you may remember that I'm on a low budget, too. I'd still take the Pioneer (or something of a similar spec and price). And I'm not swayed by a brand!

Of course, if at all possible and particularly considering your 'fears'/questions, you really need to demo your options.

Good luck :)

4. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Well i bought a Eltax Nova as a 2nd system for my bedroom about a month ago now, (it was £129.99), having not heard the pioneer i can't really compare. But what i can say is that the Eltax hasnt dissapointed me in anyway, i'm used to my separates system downstairs with Sony Amp, Panasonic DVD etc, and although it is obviously not as good as that, it certainly isnt as much of a difference as expected.
    All the speakers are sturdy and seem well built and the surround sound is good. It has a surprising amount of set-up features for the price and can be tweaked accordingly, all in all its great, and now at £99 you cant really go wrong. But as i've said havent tried the Pioneer so couldn't compare them, it is a big price difference, not sure if you will get an extra £121 worth out f the pioneer.

Cheers Rob

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    All photos to be sent to forum moderator for approval prior to general release, (i seem to recall someone else who did this sort of thing from a couple of years back - lynx shudders). :eek:

6. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Darn those pesky moderators and their moderating ways! :devil:

Hmm, then again, knowing this IntermeWebnet thing... <shudders> :eek: